The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Danoftardis

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:30 pm
I'm on a boat guys! I tried totake a picture for you, but it's too big and I don't know how to shrink it or put it on imgur from my tablet, do I'll sing you a song for now.

I am sailing
I ßm sailing
Home again
Across the sea
I am sailing
Stormy waters
To be near you
To be free

Wrote that song myself, you know. Might put up a pic later.
I reckon this would make a good shoegaze song now I think about it, add in a load of swirling guitars, mix in the vocals and you're away. I'm probably the only one who knows what shoegaze is though. :lol:

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:30 pm
I'm on a boat guys! I tried totake a picture for you, but it's too big and I don't know how to shrink it or put it on imgur from my tablet, do I'll sing you a song for now.

I am sailing
I ßm sailing
Home again
Across the sea
I am sailing
Stormy waters
To be near you
To be free

Wrote that song myself, you know. Might put up a pic later.
Is it weird that I read this and thought of Uncle Sam by Madness? :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Got to come clean with you guys, that song I sang you was actually a song by rod stewart. Sorry for deceptioning you.

Also, though, shoegazing? I like lookjng at shoes if I'm looking to get some, but I'm not so set on them as that.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:59 pm
Got to come clean with you guys, that song I sang you was actually a song by rod stewart. Sorry for deceptioning you.

Also, though, shoegazing? I like lookjng at shoes if I'm looking to get some, but I'm not so set on them as that.

Deceptioning is my new favourite word

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:

The lies, the deception! It hurts so much. :cry:

What concerns me the most though is that Rod Stewart seemingly makes a good shoegaze song. :?

I'd just like to clarify I do not have a strange shoe obsession, merely a niche music obsession, much more healthy.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:02 am
Deborah J wrote:

What concerns me the most though is that Rod Stewart seemingly makes a good shoegaze song. :?

I'd just like to clarify I do not have a strange shoe obsession, merely a niche music obsession, much more healthy.
I still dont know what shoegazing is, beyond looking at shoes.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:12 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

I shall enlighten you, Wikipedia describes it as: 'Shoegaze combines ethereal, swirling vocals with layers of distorted, bent, flanged guitars, creating a wash of sound where no instrument is distinguishable from another.' I recommend 'Vapour Trail' by Ride and 'Sweetness and Light' by Lush to give a good example of what it sounds like.

The term 'shoegazing' comes from where they used loads of effects pedals so would be looking down all the time, I believe originally the press used it as a derogatory term.

Class dismissed.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:12 am
Danoftardis wrote:

I shall enlighten you, Wikipedia describes it as: 'Shoegaze combines ethereal, swirling vocals with layers of distorted, bent, flanged guitars, creating a wash of sound where no instrument is distinguishable from another.' I recommend 'Vapour Trail' by Ride and 'Sweetness and Light' by Lush to give a good example of what it sounds like.

The term 'shoegazing' comes from where they used loads of effects pedals so would be looking down all the time, I believe originally the press used it as a derogatory term.

Class dismissed.
You learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing. :)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Well, it's my birthday, Ive got my clara dress on, lock up your... daughters? Sons? Goats? Colins? Lock them all up, Deborah is on the town!

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:58 pm
Well, it's my birthday, Ive got my clara dress on, lock up your... daughters? Sons? Goats? Colins? Lock them all up, Deborah is on the town!
Happy birthday Deborah! :D