Moderator: porcelaingirl

Bundesrat

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by Bundesrat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:52 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:22 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm
I'm famous. Pradovit. Pradovit dovit dovit.
Of course you're famous, your the lead singer of Britain's biggest band. You make headlines wherever you go. They're going to put statues of you up all over the Highlands. 8-)
Yes, scarecrow festivals are very popular up those parts.... :lol: ;)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 am

I've seen all of the classic series of doctor who, including the loose canon recons of the ones with no dvd release, and I have all of them on dvd except for sontaran experiment and invisible enemy, I'd definitely reccomend watching it, its a great show, tied with nnwadays who as my favourite tv show

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:04 am

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 am
I've seen all of the classic series of doctor who, including the loose canon recons of the ones with no dvd release, and I have all of them on dvd except for sontaran experiment and invisible enemy, I'd definitely reccomend watching it, its a great show, tied with nnwadays who as my favourite tv show
It's interesting to see that people consider modern and classic who as different shows, as I don't. I understand why, in fact it makes perfect sense, but to me, they're both just doctor who. That's not to say I don't consider them different, but not different shows.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:22 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:04 am
Deborah J wrote:
It's interesting to see that people consider modern and classic who as different shows, as I don't. I understand why, in fact it makes perfect sense, but to me, they're both just doctor who. That's not to say I don't consider them different, but not different shows.
I mean it is all doctor who to me, but there are enough differences between the two, and the classic run was before I was born whereas the new stuff I remember starting, which kind of makes a sense of separation in my mind. They do flow together, but also are destinct to me.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:54 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
I consider classic who and new who to be the same show, but two different types of the show if that makes sense? Like how people sort the Star Wars movies into different sections e.g prequel or original and people almost treat them as completely different movie series, with different fandoms for each era of star wars

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:33 am

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:54 am
Gek2Win wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
I consider classic who and new who to be the same show, but two different types of the show if that makes sense? Like how people sort the Star Wars movies into different sections e.g prequel or original and people almost treat them as completely different movie series, with different fandoms for each era of star wars
Yeah, that's basically my mentality. It is a testament to the people who've made the show over the years that it still feels like the same show even as the entire cast and crew get replaced.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Got to talk to my girlfriend (I'm bisexual but most of my partners have been women) and I may get to see her later this week! *crosses fingers* (we're about an hour away by train/car)

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:26 am

I actually had a good sleep. Yay! Now I've just got to manage repeat it every night for the next of the week. :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:33 pm

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:33 pm
Oh my god! Where was this?! :lol:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).