Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by DalekCheese »

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:26 pm
porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:25 pm

He was born 10 October, 19 days ahead of schedule :) It was like, "surprise! you're an aunt!" *giggles* so while I'm older than my teens, I never really felt I grew up, so I feel like a little kid and now I'm an aunt? I'm supposed to be running in my backyard and climbing trees and playing with dolls and writing and singing and now I have a nephew? Blows my mind, every time lol...
Ha! You need to induct him into the ways of Doctor Who as early as possible.
one "Doctor Who" onesie coming straight away! :)
:lol:

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

Actually, if I lived near there (instead of a 5+ hour flight away), I'd be introducing him to "Doctor Who" and other quality British TV, lots of Finnish stuff since we're mostly Finnish, and when he's older, British PSA films about railways.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:31 pm
Actually, if I lived near there (instead of a 5+ hour flight away), I'd be introducing him to "Doctor Who" and other quality British TV, lots of Finnish stuff since we're mostly Finnish, and when he's older, British PSA films about railways.
Ah, Trainspotting T2! Show it to him as early as possible ;)

Might I suggest Spitting Image (although only when he’s a good deal older and has been educated about 80s British politics :lol:

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

I'll also need to make sure he stays away from any power substations. Very important on how to die in the most unrealistically filmed way possible. "Spitting Image" and "Dead Ringers" are both great, though I should start him on "Horrible Histories" :)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:44 pm
I'll also need to make sure he stays away from any power substations. Very important on how to die in the most unrealistically filmed way possible. "Spitting Image" and "Dead Ringers" are both great, though I should start him on "Horrible Histories" :)
Yeah, good plan. Actually, last night saw John Culshaw/ Bill Dare- both key minds behind Spitting Image and Dead Ringers- at my local cinema, doing impressions and talking. Very funny.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm
porcelaingirl wrote:
Yeah, good plan. Actually, last night saw John Culshaw/ Bill Dare- both key minds behind Spitting Image and Dead Ringers- at my local cinema, doing impressions and talking. Very funny.
Lucky! I always wanted to work behind the scenes on one of those shows, maybe occasionally appearing on screen, but the pressure to perform may be too much. I'd have to ease into it being the typical unpaid intern or something and get abuse from the writing staff first lol!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm
porcelaingirl wrote:
Lucky! I always wanted to work behind the scenes on one of those shows, maybe occasionally appearing on screen, but the pressure to perform may be too much. I'd have to ease into it being the typical unpaid intern or something and get abuse from the writing staff first lol!
I think everyone would! It’s prop-making that’s always appealed to me. And model filming, too.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

We'll have to set up a production company then..you get really good at computer effects and prop building and I'll get really good at news satire, and........GO!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:20 pm
We'll have to set up a production company then..you get really good at computer effects and prop building and I'll get really good at news satire, and........GO!
Watertight business plan!

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

1) Get basic computer & prop making skills
2) Get quality script written
3) ?????
4) PROFIT?