The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Deborah J

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by Deborah J »

I'm still on this holiday I'm on until a week tuesday, my class does go back on Monday, but I won't be there for it. Or the following week. Just a shame it's such a bleak miserable holiday.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 pm
I'm still on this holiday I'm on until a week tuesday, my class does go back on Monday, but I won't be there for it. Or the following week. Just a shame it's such a bleak miserable holiday.
Did that make you smile...?

Finished my first warglaive!

c+C

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:42 pm
Deborah J wrote:
No, just everyone was saying they were back to class, I wanted to chip in on that.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:47 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:42 pm
Deborah J wrote:
No, just everyone was saying they were back to class, I wanted to chip in on that.
Ah, I see. Just spotted as I was posting my Armigers, seemed a bit odd :lol:

Avon

Post by Avon »

It was my birthday yesterday, I'm usually a grumpy whatsit for many reasons when it comes to my birthday, but, I had a perfect day, spent some quality time with my parents, went out for a lovely meal with them, got some lovely cards off people I thought didnt care and literally got everything I wanted (especially Ashes to Ashes season 2, and Good Omens at last!). On a Who note, dozens of DVD's (saw Seeds of Doom for the first time!), the 40th anniversary DWM, as well as, in the post, Magnus Greel and his Peking Homunculus and a giant monstrous Axon at long last! And a season 18 scarf for winter.. only 11 and a half feet long but I'll probably ware it more season 15y to avoid faceplanting :lol: . Maybe I'll post a picture when it arrives..

More than anything, the most exciting thing was I managed to colour match the Shada TARDIS :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Avon wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:13 am
It was my birthday yesterday, I'm usually a grumpy whatsit for many reasons when it comes to my birthday, but, I had a perfect day, spent some quality time with my parents, went out for a lovely meal with them, got some lovely cards off people I thought didnt care and literally got everything I wanted (especially Ashes to Ashes season 2, and Good Omens at last!). On a Who note, dozens of DVD's (saw Seeds of Doom for the first time!), the 40th anniversary DWM, as well as, in the post, Magnus Greel and his Peking Homunculus and a giant monstrous Axon at long last! And a season 18 scarf for winter.. only 11 and a half feet long but I'll probably ware it more season 15y to avoid faceplanting :lol: . Maybe I'll post a picture when it arrives..

More than anything, the most exciting thing was I managed to colour match the Shada TARDIS :lol:
Happy (belated) birthday! Ashes to Ashes is the sequel to Life on Mars, isn’t it? Or am I getting mixed up? Seeds of Doom is brilliant, and Magnus Greel always looks like a very nice figure, although I don’t own him myself. Surely it’s cold enough to warrant the scarf already? :lol:

Oh, nice. I’ll be expecting a paint code ;)

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Avon wrote:

Happy belated birthday Avon! You did more than me, I just sat at home and treated it the same as any other day. :lol: I'm not much of a fan of Seeds of Doom, really the highlight for me is Boycie. :lol: What other Who DVDs did you get? Great news about the Axon, considering it's just a large lump of plastic it's actually a very nice figure, I love it.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:36 am
Avon wrote:

Happy belated birthday Avon! You did more than me, I just sat at home and treated it the same as any other day. :lol: I'm not much of a fan of Seeds of Doom, really the highlight for me is Boycie. :lol: What other Who DVDs did you get? Great news about the Axon, considering it's just a large lump of plastic it's actually a very nice figure, I love it.
Everything’s better with Boycie. Even the Green Green Grass was better with Boycie.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am
Everything’s better with Boycie. Even the Green Green Grass was better with Boycie.
Totally irrelevant but I found that show extremely un-funny. It amazes me how someone who was as talented as John Sullivan could make something like that. Boycie and Marlene were the only good things about it, and even then they weren't as good as they were in Only Fools.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:40 am
DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am
Totally irrelevant but I found that show extremely un-funny. It amazes me how someone who was as talented as John Sullivan could make something like that. Boycie and Marlene were the only good things about it, and even then they weren't as good as they were in Only Fools.
It was alright, but it was just a cheap imitation in many ways. It just tried to do Only fools again, and failed. Lightning doesn’t always strike twice.

I mean, Perry and Croft created Hi-de-hi! And that was terrible.