The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by DalekCheese »

Good Omens! ‘Twas brilliant!
“Nicholas [Courtney] was always off his head on goodness-knows-what back then, of course.”
-Jon Pertwee, on the making of The Claws of Axos, speaking 1987.

“Yes, I would occasionally bring in the odd bag of something.”
-Nicholas Courtney, speaking 1994.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Congrats Sparrow!! And Good Omens is indeed, magnificent! Binged it in one go when it came out on DVD, but I've been loving rewatching on BBC 2.., lovely adaptation. In the space of a few hours, found out an ex co worker is both a massive Doctor Who fan and - a massive David Tennant fan, and somehow convinced me into going as 10 with her as Martha to a comic con :lol: Not sure what to say, really... :lol:

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Avon wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 am
Congrats Sparrow!! And Good Omens is indeed, magnificent! Binged it in one go when it came out on DVD, but I've been loving rewatching on BBC 2.., lovely adaptation. In the space of a few hours, found out an ex co worker is both a massive Doctor Who fan and - a massive David Tennant fan, and somehow convinced me into going as 10 with her as Martha to a comic con :lol: Not sure what to say, really... :lol:
Get you!! Hope you enjoy that 😂
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Going to see David Copperfield in a little while
“Nicholas [Courtney] was always off his head on goodness-knows-what back then, of course.”

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

It was great! Really enjoyed it.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Oasis.

I've not listened to them properly for a while and I just started listening to the London Astoria concert from August 94 on YouTube and it brought a smile to my face and a happy feeling inside.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Toyfair, just, wow.. So far, Hasbro Ghostbusters (!!!!!!!!!), Power Rangers wave 5, some leaks of the Empire Strikes Back retro wave including at long last Snowspeeder Luke and a Hoth rebel trooper, NECA Back to the Future (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), a Marvel Legend I've waited decades for (though admittedly, knew was coming), heaps of Funkos, and some decentish GI Joe stuff which I may pick up given my of love the British version many years ago (Action Force, though Action Man'd take them any day :lol:) though, given everything else, they may have to wait :lol: . And a semi confirmation of Fox X-Men legends.. and that's just leaks or teasers, the main reveals are tonight.

The other thing that really made me smile, was how surprised I was at the quality of the Curator I managed to nab recently, buying mainly for completions sake but he's such a lovely figure, one of my favorites, very happy!

^ amazing how music speaks to the soul.. I listen to music all the time through headphones but, I hadn't put any on over my player for ages till last night.. really relaxing

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan »

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:41 pm
Oasis.

I've not listened to them properly for a while and I just started listening to the London Astoria concert from August 94 on YouTube and it brought a smile to my face and a happy feeling inside.
Still sharing the love for Oasis Dan.

One of the best bands of all time!
Some of us were miserable before the virus...

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Avon wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:44 pm
Toyfair, just, wow.. So far, Hasbro Ghostbusters (!!!!!!!!!), Power Rangers wave 5, some leaks of the Empire Strikes Back retro wave including at long last Snowspeeder Luke and a Hoth rebel trooper, NECA Back to the Future (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), a Marvel Legend I've waited decades for (though admittedly, knew was coming), heaps of Funkos, and some decentish GI Joe stuff which I may pick up given my of love the British version many years ago (Action Force, though Action Man'd take them any day :lol:) though, given everything else, they may have to wait :lol: . And a semi confirmation of Fox X-Men legends.. and that's just leaks or teasers, the main reveals are tonight.

The other thing that really made me smile, was how surprised I was at the quality of the Curator I managed to nab recently, buying mainly for completions sake but he's such a lovely figure, one of my favorites, very happy!

^ amazing how music speaks to the soul.. I listen to music all the time through headphones but, I hadn't put any on over my player for ages till last night.. really relaxing
Hasbro are really knocking it out of the park! It's amazing to compare what they were producing a few years ago pre photoreal to today. They have hands down the best action figures on the market right now, nothing apart from the imports comes close and the price on those are four or five times higher.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 am
Hasbro are really knocking it out of the park! It's amazing to compare what they were producing a few years ago pre photoreal to today. They have hands down the best action figures on the market right now, nothing apart from the imports comes close and the price on those are four or five times higher.
It's unbelievable isn't it? I got back into Legends after a long break just when that tech came in, it's incredible what they've done with it. And as strange as it sounds, I'm more inclined to pick up stuff I'd pass from other companies, because they make it, and they're still improving which is amazing (Developing arms/legs with no visible joints now). Couldn't believe, during the Ghostbusters pannel, Ivan and Jason Reitman came out and had a chat about the figures! Though one thing I'm hoping for, now that NECA have BTTF, Indiana Jones Black Series style..