The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Gek2Win

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by Gek2Win »

I was contemplating a line like that, and I thought it would be cool to have artefacts from the films as a build-a-figure. The ark, the skull with the stones, the skeleton of akator...

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:25 am
Still sharing the love for Oasis Dan.

One of the best bands of all time!
Some Might Say, the best band of all time.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

You've just got to laugh when you see an 80s Cyberman listed as being in "excellent" condition :lol:

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Avon wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:46 pm
Neon Wolf wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 am
Hasbro are really knocking it out of the park! It's amazing to compare what they were producing a few years ago pre photoreal to today. They have hands down the best action figures on the market right now, nothing apart from the imports comes close and the price on those are four or five times higher.
It's unbelievable isn't it? I got back into Legends after a long break just when that tech came in, it's incredible what they've done with it. And as strange as it sounds, I'm more inclined to pick up stuff I'd pass from other companies, because they make it, and they're still improving which is amazing (Developing arms/legs with no visible joints now). Couldn't believe, during the Ghostbusters pannel, Ivan and Jason Reitman came out and had a chat about the figures! Though one thing I'm hoping for, now that NECA have BTTF, Indiana Jones Black Series style..
I can't wait for a Black Series style Indiana Jones line, one of the saving graces of crystal skull was the amazing toy line it spawned covering all 4 movies.

I do hope we continue to see more 3 3/4 inch figures from Star Wars as well as the Black Series as it'd be a shame to see it go after all these years but it does seem everything is moving to 6 inch scale. Looking forward to the Mandalorian vintage wave, that should sell well and hopefully spawn more releases.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

Avon wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:44 pm
Toyfair, just, wow.. So far, Hasbro Ghostbusters (!!!!!!!!!), Power Rangers wave 5, some leaks of the Empire Strikes Back retro wave including at long last Snowspeeder Luke and a Hoth rebel trooper, NECA Back to the Future (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), a Marvel Legend I've waited decades for (though admittedly, knew was coming), heaps of Funkos, and some decentish GI Joe stuff which I may pick up given my of love the British version many years ago (Action Force, though Action Man'd take them any day :lol:) though, given everything else, they may have to wait :lol: . And a semi confirmation of Fox X-Men legends.. and that's just leaks or teasers, the main reveals are tonight.
I noticed something... unfortunate about the Ghostbusters figures.

Of the 4 'Busters, it looks like Winston is the only one who comes with an energy blast effect for the proton pack.

The other 3 Ghostbusters have a Trap (Peter), a PKE Meter (Egon) & Goggles (Ray).

I know that Winston is the only non-scientist of the group, so he doesn't use any of the gadgets. But why did his exclusive accessory have to be the one thing that you would want with all 4 Ghostbusters at the same time?

Now we can't have them cross the streams.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Buying a doctor who toy at a high street retailer...nostalgic

TW.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Somebody who I've kinda fancied for a while told me they like me back which is nice, probably won't work out though 😂

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Well, you have lost the use of your fingers...

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:52 pm
The worst part of the internet is that I cant tell if this is a subtly implied dirty joke or not.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:52 pm
Oh no! My lack of fingers, my only defining quality 😬😂