The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by DalekCheese »

It’s less “what’s mad you smile today” and more “what’s made you smile over the last couple of months”, but I have begun regularly posting on perhaps the best imageboard on the ‘net; /tg/.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I've officially decided that i'm going to make that Doctor Who figure database site that i've mentioned before. Yes I know there are similar sites out there (including this one) but i'm aiming for an easily searchable and sortable list to document every figure with as much detail as possible, including when and where they were released and for how much, and all the small variations there are and stuff like that. This isn't going to be complete any time soon but i'm in the planning stages currently and I really want to get it done.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Doctor What wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:42 pm
I've officially decided that i'm going to make that Doctor Who figure database site that i've mentioned before. Yes I know there are similar sites out there (including this one) but i'm aiming for an easily searchable and sortable list to document every figure with as much detail as possible, including when and where they were released and for how much, and all the small variations there are and stuff like that. This isn't going to be complete any time soon but i'm in the planning stages currently and I really want to get it done.
That’d be great and very useful! Let us know if you need any help/information/pictures etc

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:51 pm
Doctor What wrote:
That’d be great and very useful! Let us know if you need any help/information/pictures etc
I think the one thing i'll need is probably the odd picture of a figure I haven't got so i'll be sure to post about it when I need them. I may also include a prototypes/unreleased section so I might ask people who have those for images as well.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor What wrote:
Great to hear! I’m sure it’ll be interesting to browse through once done.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Doctor What wrote:
Your smile has made me smile :D

What would be great would be in addition to the all pictures and info, a downloadable excel file (or even just a text list on screen we could copy) so we could mark off what we have in our own collection.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Doctor What wrote:
Your smile has made me smile :D

What would be great would be in addition to the all pictures and info, a downloadable excel file (or even just a text list on screen we could copy) so we could mark off what we have in our own collection.
I probably will add that as a feature, but I guess the only issue is what happens when new figures come out and the list gets updated. I suppose you'd just have to copy the new additions from the new file and pop them into your old one. Just got to make sure I add the information for every existing figure before I add that feature!

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Exam results. They were swag.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Happy birthday Dan!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Happy birthday to Doctor909!