The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:27 pm
Well, I guess DC isn't alone. My grandmother is dying too.
Oh shit. That’s really hard- any idea what of? I’m really sorry, it’s an awful thing to happen.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Breast cancer. My dad's reacted worse, but then he would, it's his mother. It sounds like she's already accepted it, and to a degree so have I. It's just the waiting game that gets me. I really don't know what I'm going to say to her. I couldn't say anything to my dad.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:57 pm
Breast cancer. My dad's reacted worse, but then he would, it's his mother. It sounds like she's already accepted it, and to a degree so have I. It's just the waiting game that gets me. I really don't know what I'm going to say to her. I couldn't say anything to my dad.
Oh, shit man, that’s nasty. Is she in hospital? The waiting’s horrible. Take my advice, tell her everything you want, because you might not get another chance.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 am

Gek2Win wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that Gek, I hope you're doing 'ok'. I'm sure everyone here at the forum offers their thoughts to you and your family at this time.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 pm

She seems ok. I think she's ready, the problem is no-one else is. My aunt is also very single-minded in her "help" and doesn't seem very sympathetic to get own father's plight. He's suffering emotionally, as expected. My father's staying with him tonight, so they can support each other. They're boozing apparently. I hope they don't turn to drinking over this.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:16 pm
She seems ok. I think she's ready, the problem is no-one else is. My aunt is also very single-minded in her "help" and doesn't seem very sympathetic to get own father's plight. He's suffering emotionally, as expected. My father's staying with him tonight, so they can support each other. They're boozing apparently. I hope they don't turn to drinking over this.
It’ll be alright in the end.

I’m sure everyone’s thoughts are with you- I know mine are.

What’s your aunt doing?
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Basically my grandfather wanted someone to stay tonight, and she said she would, then changed her mind to basically saying that they could tell him not to keep checking on her and it would be fine. She also had this madcap idea to bring a double bed downstairs, then bring my near-death, frail grandmother downstairs so that my grandfather doesn't need to keep going upstairs. They're getting a medical bed on Wednesday, and an ambulance crew will bring her down safely, so she's being silly. I hope my dad's convinced her not to.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:09 pm
Basically my grandfather wanted someone to stay tonight, and she said she would, then changed her mind to basically saying that they could tell him not to keep checking on her and it would be fine. She also had this madcap idea to bring a double bed downstairs, then bring my near-death, frail grandmother downstairs so that my grandfather doesn't need to keep going upstairs. They're getting a medical bed on Wednesday, and an ambulance crew will bring her down safely, so she's being silly. I hope my dad's convinced her not to.
I’d hope so.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Pales in comparison to the the stuff with my grandmother, and Gek’s too, but just got an told that I’ve been dumped, because my girlfriend listened to her friend, who doesn’t like me. Looks like imma be a Dan.

Ooh, new track: “Looks like imma be a Dan”
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for: