The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Post by TheSparrow » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Good Golly. TCOS are super depressed right now. I hope we all manage to get out of this pit because I don't have a whole lot of friends but Deb and Dan, you make me smile a whole lot and I hope you're going to be okay x
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 pm
I've been feeling really awful lately. I mean within a stretch of lately that encompasses the last couple of years but more and more so of late. I feel like I'm right on the edge of a precipice right now, just on the edge of breaking. But then also perhaps I already did break and this is just the void on the other side of that. I don't really know what I can do to change it either, I don't see any real way out of the hole I've fallen into. This is just it for me now.
Y'know I've had many moments of feeling like this, especially this year. When I feel like the hole is engulfing me I tend to tell the world to sod off and just listen to oasis for hours. No use to you I know and it doesn't fix the hole, but it takes me away for a bit and just for a moment everything is fine.

We've just gotta keep plodding on until the universe gets it's ass into gear and makes thing better for us.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:03 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:29 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 pm
I've been feeling really awful lately. I mean within a stretch of lately that encompasses the last couple of years but more and more so of late. I feel like I'm right on the edge of a precipice right now, just on the edge of breaking. But then also perhaps I already did break and this is just the void on the other side of that. I don't really know what I can do to change it either, I don't see any real way out of the hole I've fallen into. This is just it for me now.
Never say that. There always is something for everyone. You'll find it.
That’s right. Give it time, you’ll feel better eventually. Which probably sounds like empty words, but they aren’t. They’re true.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm

My left leg appears to have decided to stop working today. It keeps seizing up at the knee, very odd. Sometimes I think I have the knees of an 80 year old.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm
My left leg appears to have decided to stop working today. It keeps seizing up at the knee, very odd. Sometimes I think I have the knees of an 80 year old.
I have a bad knee, they run in the family. Or rather, I guess, they don't. Comparitively I've had one of the least problematic ones, but if I'm stuck sat somewhere where I can't stretch it out for long periods it's intolerable.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm not really sure how to talk to people.
I don't want to be faced with the question, 'how are you doing?' because I don't want to lie and say that I'm fine, but I don't want to be honest that I'm really not okay, so that's an epic win.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

SJF

Post by SJF » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:43 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm
I don't want to be faced with the question, 'how are you doing?' because I don't want to lie and say that I'm fine, but I don't want to be honest that I'm really not okay, so that's an epic win.
Absolutely no one is fine and absolutely everyone says they are.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:28 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm
SJF wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:43 pm

Absolutely no one is fine and absolutely everyone says they are.
Yeah, I really don't get why anyone asks this, because the only answer people actually want it "fine" but that's rarely true, if the answer is always a lie why bother asking.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:10 pm

My response is usually a muttered 'alright' and a dirty look. 8-)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:15 pm

I often give a non-answer if someone asks how are you I'll say "yes"