The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Re: The "What's Made You FROWN Today?" thread

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:09 pm

In absolute agony with my new dental braces today... :cry:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:24 pm

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:09 pm
Oh, you’ve just got them? I found that biting a cushion helped.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:24 pm
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Mm interesting. I'll bear that in mind, thanks!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:38 pm

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:24 pm
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Mm interesting. I'll bear that in mind, thanks!
Tasty! :lol: it does work tho.
Wait till u get them tightened in a few months- then you’ll know what pain means :lol:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm

I refused to have braces, my dentist kept on at me but the more he did the more stubborn I became. I'm that type of person. I was happy with my teeth anyway, nothing in this world is perfect so why should my teeth be.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm
I refused to have braces, my dentist kept on at me but the more he did the more stubborn I became. I'm that type of person. I was happy with my teeth anyway, nothing in this world is perfect so why should my teeth be.
I wouldn’t have had them but my teeth are truly awful. I’ve got to have 2 teeth out in a few weeks in the name of my braces.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:37 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
I wouldn’t have had them but my teeth are truly awful. I’ve got to have 2 teeth out in a few weeks in the name of my braces.
Oh that sucks. I had 4 teeth out because they wouldn't fall out naturally, and 3 adult teeth have never appeared. I have an 'interesting' mouth. :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:37 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:
Oh that sucks. I had 4 teeth out because they wouldn't fall out naturally, and 3 adult teeth have never appeared. I have an 'interesting' mouth. :lol:
‘Interesting’ in the way that Underworld was ‘slightly disappointing’, by the sound of it.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:52 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:37 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
‘Interesting’ in the way that Underworld was ‘slightly disappointing’, by the sound of it.
Nah it's fine. If you actually saw my mouth you'd only notice all that's wrong after I told you, it doesn't show. A few wonky teeth and one that's smaller than the rest is all. Uniquely quirky. ;)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:28 pm

I had one tooth that overlapped another when I was younger, so I had the next one back taken out and the rogue one pulled back into the space, it wasn't proper braces, though, just like a thing that clipped onto my back teeth, went across the roof of my mouth like a denture, and then this hook on a spring that clipped onto my errant tooth, only needed it for about 5 months. The rest of my teeth aren't exactly moviestar straight, the tooth immediately left of the left front tooth is noticably smaller than the right, and the bottom front ones aren't quite in a neat row, but they're pretty tidy and orderly, the overall positioning gives me a good bite. Although if you look really closely my top teeth are all kind of a half-tooth's width out of sync with everything else, my top front left tooth is in the middle of my face. But you have to really be looking to tell. And as teeth go they're nice and strong, never needed any fillings or anything.