What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by TheSparrow »

I've been a huge Half-Life fan since I was about 7/8 and I know loads about the franchise and I also love the sister series, Portal, but it occurred to me, that at 19 years of age, I'd never actually played Half-Life 2: Episode 1/2 so I bought them recently and I'm very happy I did because it was like closing a chapter of my life and finally accepting that there will never be a Half-Life 3.

Gek2Win

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Gek2Win »

Oh you know what, I literally just stopped playing episode two one day and never went back to finish it. Perhaps I should...

Also technically, technically, there is a Half-Life 3, which is Half-Life VR. But I'm never going to play that.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:41 pm
Oh you know what, I literally just stopped playing episode two one day and never went back to finish it. Perhaps I should...

Also technically, technically, there is a Half-Life 3, which is Half-Life VR. But I'm never going to play that.
Yeah, HLVR is gonna be a prequel to Half-Life 2 where you play as Alyx, though, so hopefully that will lead to an Episode 3 or a Half-Life 3 somewhere down the line.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

GOOOOD MORRRNIIIING VIETNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

I plan to read Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" so that eventually my girlfriend and I can see it. She hasn't read the book, either, and I don't know how important it is to either of us to watch the movie before the book. But that is at least something we hope to do!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

The Man Who Would Be King

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Good Omens

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

We’re Knights of the Round Table,
We dance whene’er we’re able!

[etc]

“On second thoughts, let’s not go to Camelot. ‘Tis a silly place.”

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I'm currently listening to the audiobook of Kurt Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions" as read by John Malkovich, and yes, it's as good as it sounds. :)