What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

User avatar
DukeNukem 2417
Moderator
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm
Location: Walking in Eternity

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DukeNukem 2417 »

Just beat Max Payne on the Game Bod Advance (via emulation) yesterday.
Through the darkness of future past
the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire....walk with me.

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2862
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Danoftardis »

I've just finished reading Pax Romana by Adrian Goldsworthy. It's about life during the first two centuries of the Roman Empire, and to a lesser extent the Republic. A very interesting read that explains life was for extended times remarkably peaceful, considering the popular image of Rome as constant warfare and bloodshed.
Image


DalekCheese
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

Love Actually. Brilliant film.
Image

User avatar
Doctor Gamer
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Love Actually. Brilliant film.
I saw that for the first time the other day. Very good film. Good ensemble cast although my only gripe is that some characters get more limelight than the others, some characters (like Martin Freeman and Joanna Page) go almost the whole film without much screen time.
Image

DalekCheese
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:19 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Love Actually. Brilliant film.
I saw that for the first time the other day. Very good film. Good ensemble cast although my only gripe is that some characters get more limelight than the others, some characters (like Martin Freeman and Joanna Page) go almost the whole film without much screen time.
It’s a bit like 4 weddings and a funeral or booze cruise- it’s got everyone in it. The saying that British TV and film reuses the same 12 actors is true, :lol:
Image

User avatar
Doctor Gamer
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:19 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Love Actually. Brilliant film.
I saw that for the first time the other day. Very good film. Good ensemble cast although my only gripe is that some characters get more limelight than the others, some characters (like Martin Freeman and Joanna Page) go almost the whole film without much screen time.
It’s a bit like 4 weddings and a funeral or booze cruise- it’s got everyone in it. The saying that British TV and film reuses the same 12 actors is true, :lol:
I’m pretty sure Hugh Grant is in almost all of Richard Curtis’ films!
Image

DalekCheese
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:22 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:19 pm


I saw that for the first time the other day. Very good film. Good ensemble cast although my only gripe is that some characters get more limelight than the others, some characters (like Martin Freeman and Joanna Page) go almost the whole film without much screen time.
It’s a bit like 4 weddings and a funeral or booze cruise- it’s got everyone in it. The saying that British TV and film reuses the same 12 actors is true, :lol:
I’m pretty sure Hugh Grant is in almost all of Richard Curtis’ films!
:lol: and he’s always playing the same character.... befuddled stuttering Englishman
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1881
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by skifflebits »

Every time I hear the name Hugh Jackman, I always hear "Huge Ackman."

Then I wonder if he has a huge ackman.
Image

DalekCheese
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:22 pm
Every time I hear the name Hugh Jackman, I always hear "Huge Ackman."

Then I wonder if he has a huge ackman.
He spreads rumours that his Ackman’s large, but it isn’t really.
Image

Post Reply