What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DukeNukem 2417

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DukeNukem 2417 »

Just beat Max Payne on the Game Bod Advance (via emulation) yesterday.
Through the darkness of future past
the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire....walk with me.

Danoftardis

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Danoftardis »

I've just finished reading Pax Romana by Adrian Goldsworthy. It's about life during the first two centuries of the Roman Empire, and to a lesser extent the Republic. A very interesting read that explains life was for extended times remarkably peaceful, considering the popular image of Rome as constant warfare and bloodshed.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Love Actually. Brilliant film.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 pm
I saw that for the first time the other day. Very good film. Good ensemble cast although my only gripe is that some characters get more limelight than the others, some characters (like Martin Freeman and Joanna Page) go almost the whole film without much screen time.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:19 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
I saw that for the first time the other day. Very good film. Good ensemble cast although my only gripe is that some characters get more limelight than the others, some characters (like Martin Freeman and Joanna Page) go almost the whole film without much screen time.
It’s a bit like 4 weddings and a funeral or booze cruise- it’s got everyone in it. The saying that British TV and film reuses the same 12 actors is true, :lol:

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:
It’s a bit like 4 weddings and a funeral or booze cruise- it’s got everyone in it. The saying that British TV and film reuses the same 12 actors is true, :lol:
I’m pretty sure Hugh Grant is in almost all of Richard Curtis’ films!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:22 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:

I’m pretty sure Hugh Grant is in almost all of Richard Curtis’ films!
:lol: and he’s always playing the same character.... befuddled stuttering Englishman

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Every time I hear the name Hugh Jackman, I always hear "Huge Ackman."

Then I wonder if he has a huge ackman.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:22 pm
Every time I hear the name Hugh Jackman, I always hear "Huge Ackman."

Then I wonder if he has a huge ackman.
He spreads rumours that his Ackman’s large, but it isn’t really.