What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Fincon1

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Fincon1 »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 pm
I loved "Life on Mars" but never saw "Ashes to Ashes." Is it worth getting into?
Well I am loving it. I was 12 in 1980 so that decade was kind of my formative years. It has a great soundtrack, Gene Hunt is as brilliant as he was in LoM, and of course Keeley Hawes is smoking. Oh, and did I mention the QUATTRO!

DalekCheese

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

I actually prefer Ashes to Mars, (although they’re both brilliant TV). You should definitely watch them Skiffle. I’ve been watching them on Drama channel recently, they air a few episodes a night on Saturdays.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I believe I actually bought the "Life on Mars" DVD set back in the day, which now seems like a million years ago.

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

Listened to the audiobook from Audible called "Interview with the Robot" by Lee Bacon (wish his name was Chris P. Bacon), but the book was really emotional for me to listen to, and, although meant for a slightly younger audience than me, did have a number of emotional moments and made me come close to tears in several places. :)

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Revenge of the Cybermen - A nice easy watch. Not too much of a complex plot and is a simplistic watch if you just want standard who and nothing too mind bending. 7/10

Attack of the Cybermen - Very confusing and I still don’t 100% get it. Too short of a story however there were some entertaining bits and Colin Baker was very good in the story. That hand crushing bit though. Geez. 5/10

Silver Nemesis - I really enjoyed this story. The plot was somehow convoluted and simplistic at the same time and they never find time to explain how the Vallidium got to earth in the first place and why Neo Nazis and Cybermen have decided to look for it. However it was still very entertaining and gripping and I thought it was pretty solid who. 8/10

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

"Auction of Souls" from my friend David Petrie, who's an author. It's the third book in his Pixel Dust series, which you can buy on Amazon. The other two are "Party Hard" & "The Pyramid Game". I can't wait! ^_^