What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Post Reply
User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by TheSparrow »

Currently watching the last few episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 5. Good stuff, lads.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2408
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Danoftardis »

I've finally seen 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' this weekend. Part of the reason I don't go to the cinema is that we have the 'sky cinema' package, so I just wait for films to come on there. Anyway I enjoyed it, though I thought the first film was better. This one felt more like a bridging film, like it only exists because of the one before and the one after if that makes sense.
Image

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm
I've finally seen 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' this weekend. Part of the reason I don't go to the cinema is that we have the 'sky cinema' package, so I just wait for films to come on there. Anyway I enjoyed it, though I thought the first film was better. This one felt more like a bridging film, like it only exists because of the one before and the one after if that makes sense.
I saw it in he cinema. I know exactly what you mean.
AI is here!!

User avatar
porcelaingirl
Moderator
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:08 pm
Location: The Fractured States of America

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by porcelaingirl »

Currently reading "The Pyramid Game" by David Petrie. Just started, but if his last book ("Party Hard") is anything to go by (this is a sequel), this should be good.

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

The man who would be king.
AI is here!!

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2326
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm
I've finally seen 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' this weekend. Part of the reason I don't go to the cinema is that we have the 'sky cinema' package, so I just wait for films to come on there. Anyway I enjoyed it, though I thought the first film was better. This one felt more like a bridging film, like it only exists because of the one before and the one after if that makes sense.
Yeah, none of those films are very good, really. Grindewald has no second act, it's almost all act one then slam into act three in the last 20 minutes or so.
Image

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

Quadrophenia. The movie, not the album.
AI is here!!

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2408
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Quadrophenia. The movie, not the album.
I've not heard of either of them. Unsurprisingly. :P
Image

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Quadrophenia. The movie, not the album.
I've not heard of either of them. Unsurprisingly. :P
:O

The album is like, 4 hours long. I’ve never listened to all of it. Bits of it are good tho.
AI is here!!

User avatar
porcelaingirl
Moderator
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:08 pm
Location: The Fractured States of America

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by porcelaingirl »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 pm
Quadrophenia. The movie, not the album.
I've not heard of either of them. Unsurprisingly. :P
:O

The album is like, 4 hours long. I’ve never listened to all of it. Bits of it are good tho.
It's a pretty famous rock opera album (and movie) by The Who. I've not heard anything from it nor seen the movie lol...I should, I'd probably enjoy it.

Post Reply