What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:25 pm

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:21 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:06 pm

I've not heard of either of them. Unsurprisingly. :P
:O

The album is like, 4 hours long. I’ve never listened to all of it. Bits of it are good tho.
It's a pretty famous rock opera album (and movie) by The Who. I've not heard anything from it nor seen the movie lol...I should, I'd probably enjoy it.
What I’ve seen of it is pretty damn good. Quite deep-rooted in British culture/recent history tho. (I have a feeling you’re American.). Good though. Worth a watch.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

porcelaingirl

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by porcelaingirl » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:25 pm
porcelaingirl wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 pm

:O

The album is like, 4 hours long. I’ve never listened to all of it. Bits of it are good tho.
It's a pretty famous rock opera album (and movie) by The Who. I've not heard anything from it nor seen the movie lol...I should, I'd probably enjoy it.
What I’ve seen of it is pretty damn good. Quite deep-rooted in British culture/recent history tho. (I have a feeling you’re American.). Good though. Worth a watch.
Ancestry-wise I'm mostly Finnish and Irish, but most of my great-grandparents emigrated to England before coming to the States, so when they (and my grandparents) used to babysit me while my parents worked. I still have remnants of an English accent, cos my grandparents spoke in one. It comes on heavier when I'm around people who have one and I'm self-conscious about it sometimes. It was pretty strong when I was little. It's a SE English accent, like Estuary English? Kind of Kentish, too...somewhere near Dover...but in that general area. But I'm stuck in the States now and since my parents were born here I can't simply get a UK passport. :( Then again, with this Brexit thing I dunno.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:42 pm

porcelaingirl wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
porcelaingirl wrote:

Ancestry-wise I'm mostly Finnish and Irish, but most of my great-grandparents emigrated to England before coming to the States, so when they (and my grandparents) used to babysit me while my parents worked. I still have remnants of an English accent, cos my grandparents spoke in one. It comes on heavier when I'm around people who have one and I'm self-conscious about it sometimes. It was pretty strong when I was little. It's a SE English accent, like Estuary English? Kind of Kentish, too...somewhere near Dover...but in that general area. But I'm stuck in the States now and since my parents were born here I can't simply get a UK passport. :( Then again, with this Brexit thing I dunno.
Well, once we’ve got BREXIT we’ll just put up a wall around us and make the rest of the world pay :lol:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:45 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:42 pm
porcelaingirl wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 pm
DalekCheese wrote:

Well, once we’ve got BREXIT we’ll just put up a wall around us and make the rest of the world pay :lol:
I'd still rather have a UK passport than a US one. Oh well. Maybe I'll try Canada. :)

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:50 am

I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the deathly hallows because, full disclosure, I'm a massive Harry Potter fan.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Just started watching black mirror, and I was extremely grossed out and impressed at the same time by the first two episodes. Episode 1 was shocking and Episode 2 was absolutely amazing. Can’t wait to watch more!

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:50 am
I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the deathly hallows because, full disclosure, I'm a massive Harry Potter fan.
I’m 150 pages away from finishing Order of the Phoenix for the first time. I’m loving it!

TW.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:58 am

Whovastron wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:50 am
I’m 150 pages away from finishing Order of the Phoenix for the first time. I’m loving it!

TW.
I think that was my favourite of the books, I really enjoyed reading it. Though to be fair all the books are good, but that one was super good.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:55 am

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:47 pm
Just started watching black mirror, and I was extremely grossed out and impressed at the same time by the first two episodes. Episode 1 was shocking and Episode 2 was absolutely amazing. Can’t wait to watch more!
Oh, they’re really good.