What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Deborah J

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by Deborah J » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Yesterday evening I watched 2017's "It" which I'd not seen yet, managed to borrow the dvd, because today I went to see It chapter 2. I really enjoyed both movies, they had flaws for sure, but I really liked them, I'd say on the whole they were better than the 1990 version, even wirh the absence of Tim Curry.

DalekCheese

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:08 pm

The 40 year old virgin

Very good.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Currently rewatching Being Human again.
I don't know if anybody watched it back when it was on, but it was pretty brilliant.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:07 pm
Yesterday evening I watched 2017's "It" which I'd not seen yet, managed to borrow the dvd, because today I went to see It chapter 2. I really enjoyed both movies, they had flaws for sure, but I really liked them, I'd say on the whole they were better than the 1990 version, even wirh the absence of Tim Curry.
I preferred chapter 1 to chapter 2 personally. But chapter 2 had more thrilling jumpscares imo. It’s also managed to take the weirdness of the book and translate it well into a movie without being too silli

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:36 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I preferred chapter 1 to chapter 2 personally. But chapter 2 had more thrilling jumpscares imo. It’s also managed to take the weirdness of the book and translate it well into a movie without being too silli
As somebody who has read the book, I wanted the turtle like so bad, but I'm low key glad we didn't get him after all because it would have been a bit too silli.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
I preferred the first one as well, I like having the whole gang together, and their adventures as kids always seem more fun and wistful, as is true in life, it was nice having more for Mike to do is part 2, though, he was a bit sidelined in the first one. But all the gang felt more fleshed out and engaging in the 2017 and 2019 films than their 1990 tv miniseries counterparts did.
TheSparrow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm
As somebody who has read the book, I wanted the turtle like so bad, but I'm low key glad we didn't get him after all because it would have been a bit too silli.
They did have nods to that though, both films feature prominent turtle props. Also I for one am glad that they didn't include that one infamous scene in the sewers, Steven King needs to get help if he thinks that was a good thing to write.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:52 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
Turtle squirtle
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:02 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently an extended cut may be coming out that features the turtle

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:09 pm

After seeing the hubbub about the movie, I finally watched Steven Universe. I knew about it, especially it's more controversial aspects, but I had never watched it before. I enjoyed it, but I felt that the season 5 finale and the movie were subpar compared to the rest of the series. I've heard that season 6 is in production, so I hope that the overall good quality continues. I regret not looking into it sooner, but I feel like it has a niche audience above children, and I see people easily disliking it. But yes, in my opinion a definite A+ series.

But the Roaming Eye is definitely a TARDIS rip-off.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:02 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently an extended cut may be coming out that features the turtle
Low key WOOO