What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

TheSparrow

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by TheSparrow » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:52 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm
As somebody who has read the book, I wanted the turtle like so bad, but I'm low key glad we didn't get him after all because it would have been a bit too silli.
They did have nods to that though, both films feature prominent turtle props. Also I for one am glad that they didn't include that one infamous scene in the sewers, Steven King needs to get help if he thinks that was a good thing to write.
FUN FACT:
Steven King was so, so off of his head on cocaine that he doesn't even remember writing Cujo. Bet none of you knew that 👌
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

DalekCheese

Re: What you reading? What you gonna read? (What’s the last thing you read/watched/played/listened to)

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:46 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:17 pm
[quote="Deborah J" post_id=13669 time=<a href="tel:1570042336">1570042336</a> user_id=81]
[quote=TheSparrow post_id=13668 time=<a href="tel:1570042221">1570042221</a> user_id=69]
As somebody who has read the book, I wanted the turtle like so bad, but I'm low key glad we didn't get him after all because it would have been a bit too silli.
They did have nods to that though, both films feature prominent turtle props. Also I for one am glad that they didn't include that one infamous scene in the sewers, Steven King needs to get help if he thinks that was a good thing to write.
[/quote]
FUN FACT:
Steven King was so, so off of his head on cocaine that he doesn't even remember writing Cujo. Bet none of you knew that 👌
[/quote]

Bad story IMHO. It’s America, every other person has a gun, did no one just shoot the dog?
Gek2Win wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:09 pm
After seeing the hubbub about the movie, I finally watched Steven Universe. I knew about it, especially it's more controversial aspects, but I had never watched it before. I enjoyed it, but I felt that the season 5 finale and the movie were subpar compared to the rest of the series. I've heard that season 6 is in production, so I hope that the overall good quality continues. I regret not looking into it sooner, but I feel like it has a niche audience above children, and I see people easily disliking it. But yes, in my opinion a definite A+ series.

But the Roaming Eye is definitely a TARDIS rip-off.
I’ve never watched that. What’s controversial about it?
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:
⚪Sex ⚪Love 🔘Ba bop ba dop bop bop

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:50 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:15 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:02 pm
TheSparrow wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently an extended cut may be coming out that features the turtle
Low key WOOO
https://www.cbr.com/it-director-7-hour-supercut/
Take this as you will

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:10 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:46 pm
Let's just say homosexual representation wasn't met with the greatest approval back then.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:10 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:46 pm
Let's just say homosexual representation wasn't met with the greatest approval back then.
I see. Huh. Might watch a bit of that, see if it’s any good.
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:20 pm

I'd recommend it, but I wouldn't write it off on the first few episodes. It takes it's time to get good, but when it's good, it's good. It's hard to say because I went in with the intention of watching it all, but I think the first few episodes really don't do the series justice.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:21 pm

I'm proud to say I've not seen anything listed in this thread today. My incredible run of having not seen what anyone else has continues.

Danoftardis: seeing nothing is seeing everything. ©️®️™️

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 pm

I just watched Toy Story 4 and I’m crying
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 pm
Yeah, I didn't expacet it to be as good a movie as it ended up being.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:10 pm
Yeah, I didn't expacet it to be as good a movie as it ended up being.
I know. Great film.

Plus, had a cornetto at half time, so there’s that :lol:

Yeah, 10/10, would watch again.

I wonder if Dan’s seen it?
I am a:
⚪Man ⚪Woman 🔘Scat

Looking for: