Moderator: porcelaingirl

DalekCheese

Re: Newly Acquired

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:55 pm
Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm
Very nice model! I didn't realize you did kits!
Oh yeah, I've been making them for years now, one of my biggest hobbies. It's also the main reason I have a snazzy display cabinet, my figures are just an added beneficiary of it.

Great Pertwees btw, they look like a line up of a 70's cop show, 'The Pertweessionals' :lol:
What paints are you using for it? My airfix kits are all WWII or fleet air arm, so interested about the camo.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 pm
What paints are you using for it? My airfix kits are all WWII or fleet air arm, so interested about the camo.
I use Revell Aqua Colour, swear by them over anything else. For Second World War RAF I use Nato Olive and Dark Earth for early camo, Grey and Olive Green for late war camo. For FAA I use Sea Green and Dark Sea Blue I believe. Although I'd have to know the aircraft to be more specific.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:12 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
I use Revell Aqua Colour, swear by them over anything else. For Second World War RAF I use Nato Olive and Dark Earth for early camo, Grey and Olive Green for late war camo. For FAA I use Sea Green and Dark Sea Blue I believe. Although I'd have to know the aircraft to be more specific.
Oh no, I meant what you’re using for the harrier! :lol: I’m thinking of doing a harrier myself, so I was curious.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:
Oh no, I meant what you’re using for the harrier! :lol: I’m thinking of doing a harrier myself, so I was curious.
Oh right I see. Silliboi. :lol:

It depends on what Harrier you're doing really, mine's an 80's GR.3 so I'm probably gonna use Grey/Nato Olive, Revell Grey has a blueish tint to it rather than being plain grey.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:21 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:18 pm
Danoftardis wrote:

Oh right I see. Silliboi. :lol:

It depends on what Harrier you're doing really, mine's an 80's GR.3 so I'm probably gonna use Grey/Nato Olive, Revell Grey has a blueish tint to it rather than being plain grey.
Ah, I see.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:24 pm
Ah, I see.
What Harrier are you thinking of making?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Ah, I see.
I’m not sure. Probably the GR. 3, like you are, but it’s still all very much hypothetical at the moment :lol: which one would you recommend?
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:29 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:
Ah, I see.
I’m not sure. Probably the GR. 3, like you are, but it’s still all very much hypothetical at the moment :lol: which one would you recommend?
Well I've made two others: 1/48 FA2 and 1/72 GR.9A. I'd stay away from the GR.9A, and the GR.7 because they're essentially the same, I found it a pain to build, FA2 was fine though. Not sure about any others, depends on what scale you like and how much detail really.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

Well I've made two others: 1/48 FA2 and 1/72 GR.9A. I'd stay away from the GR.9A, and the GR.7 because they're essentially the same, I found it a pain to build, FA2 was fine though. Not sure about any others, depends on what scale you like and how much detail really.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:15 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 pm
DalekCheese wrote:

The GR.3 is going together very nicely as well so I highly recommend that too, it is 1/48 as well though. I'm a 1/72 man myself mostly.