Newly Acquired

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Doctor What

Re: Newly Acquired

Post by Doctor What »

Whovastron wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 am
Woa that’s an insanely good price! They usually go for £200ish nowadays! Very jealous!

TW.
The crazy thing was I didn't even win it initially! It went for about £90 and had a few bidders but the sale must have been cancelled somehow because it was later relisted for a day and I was the only one who bid on it! The only issues are a slight mark on one of the doors, which is luckily barely visible, and the figure's smiling head has a scarf mark on his neck, probably because it has never left the box.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Doctor What wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 am
Whovastron wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:56 am
Woa that’s an insanely good price! They usually go for £200ish nowadays! Very jealous!

TW.
The crazy thing was I didn't even win it initially! It went for about £90 and had a few bidders but the sale must have been cancelled somehow because it was later relisted for a day and I was the only one who bid on it! The only issues are a slight mark on one of the doors, which is luckily barely visible, and the figure's smiling head has a scarf mark on his neck, probably because it has never left the box.
That’s not too bad, eBay can be pretty great for deals every now and then

TW.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Transformers Siege Thundercracker, Soundwave, Mirage, Barricade, Refracktor and Springer
Transformers Earthrise Optimus Prime
Transformers Studio Series Grimlock, Shockwave, Scavenger, Bumblebee, Soundwave, Arcee, Chromia, Elita-1, Megatron, Mixmaster

TW.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Picked up another extra Silver Nemesis set and Sontaran set from B&M for army building, and also got the Tenth Doctor B&M set with the Cyberman and Vashta Nerada from a couple of years ago.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Transformers Siege Omega Supreme, Spinister, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Megatron, Sideswipe, Hound
Transformers Studio Series Clunker Bumblebee, WWII Bumblebee, Cogman
Black Series Jabba the Hutt and Carbonized Jet Trooper

TW.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Marvel Legends 80th anniversary Iron Man.

Avon

Post by Avon »

^ Superb figure! My favorite Marvel Legend from last year, what do you think?

Valeyard

Post by Valeyard »

Pre-ordered 'The Child' from the Star Wars Black Series range and brought myself the Sherlock Holmes Complete Collection as a little present for myself. Also decided to pop into a different chippy for tea, will certainly be going back! Excellent chippy chips and a nice jumbo sausage!

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Avon wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:51 pm
^ Superb figure! My favorite Marvel Legend from last year, what do you think?
Oh it's fab for sure, it's the Iron Man I've wanted from legends for years. I remember having the Toy Biz version years ago as well which brings back some nice memories.I'm going to try to pick up the other 80th figures in the line and start a proper 'comic' Marvel display as I've mainly stuck with the MCU figures up till this point as I've been collecting other lines and didn't have the room or money.

Hasbro has got so much great product coming this year in the Marvel line alone and that's before you remember Ghostbusters and Star Wars but the reason I've gone in for the comic figures now is both seeing how good the 80th anniversary figures are and seeing what's coming next (vintage Spidey wave, War Machine, Punisher).

Going to need some new shelves :lol: .

Avon

Post by Avon »

Great to meet a fellow Legends fan! That Iron Man was terrific for its day, as you say great memories! I still smile looking at the 80th on my shelf, just perfection (and actually looks like a man in a suit unlike Hasbro's earlier attempt...). Funny enough it was the opposite for me! Came back when I found out they'd made Machine Man (of all people :lol: ) but sold on a lot of my MCU just before IW for space and cash (still get a few though, GOTG, Hela/Skurge, Endgame Cap etc, can't resist the face print tech). With so much out I shifted to focus on 60's/90's with some other odds and ends, any X-Men as I'm an easy mark etc.

Couldn't recommend those 80th figures enough! Thor is just perfect head to toe (only wish they'd thrown in an Eric Masterson head), Cap was the toughest sell as I still love my original Toybiz but again, such a brilliant update (the chainmail especially). I'm a massive X-Men fan so the Colossus/Juggs set went down well :lol: , and the Hulk set I had no intention to get but is likewise amazing (...even Wolverine, you'll have a shelf full before June even though you'll never buy one, trust me), it came down to £45 at a few places (I think a few may still have them for that?), I still can't believe I have a decent 70s Defenders lineup. All in all though, and I rarely say this, but as a series they're near faultless, it's a perfect line (and time!) to jump on (have you seen the new 90s Black Widow coming out soon? Based on the figures your going to pick up there haha). I didn't think I need Rhodey, but, the unmasked head sold me :lol: And the leaks of a new US Agent plus the existing Clint and Arachne means a decent 90s west coast Avengers is coming together nicely

And I know..! I might as well just get Hasbro to direct debit my account (all those Black Series prequel figures..), not counting Who, NECA reeling me back with Marty, been talked into pop vinyls etc

Shelving... the eternal struggle :lol: The living embodiment of entropy

And to the Valeyard, nothing beats a chip shop meal (...among lines I'd never thought I'd say.. :lol: )