CULT OF SKARO

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Danoftardis

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by Danoftardis »

I received an email last night from our head of merchandising, it seems the department has devised a new range of TCoS wall art exclusively for sale in T.K. Maxx. He sent me DC's example to show you all for market research:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

I visited TCoS Towers again today to see how all the interns are and during the course of said visit I was accosted by the record label manager Mr. B. Wayne Esq. He informed me that fan interest was dropping in the band, sales were down and he'd received many disgruntled tweets about us and our activities. Apparently we've dropped below Chas & Dave in total Google hits, yikes!

As such he made a rather firm suggestion, get our act together and make more music to sell to the punters. No he meant loyal fans! He also recommended a radio appearance and a cereal endorsement. If we didn't boost our sales he said he'd fire us! To reinforce this point one of our legal team was loitering in the corner with our contracts and a lighter...

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:10 pm
I visited TCoS Towers again today to see how all the interns are and during the course of said visit I was accosted by the record label manager Mr. B. Wayne Esq. He informed me that fan interest was dropping in the band, sales were down and he'd received many disgruntled tweets about us and our activities. Apparently we've dropped below Chas & Dave in total Google hits, yikes!

As such he made a rather firm suggestion, get our act together and make more music to sell to the punters. No he meant loyal fans! He also recommended a radio appearance and a cereal endorsement. If we didn't boost our sales he said he'd fire us! To reinforce this point one of our legal team was loitering in the corner with our contracts and a lighter...
The long silence in this thread must end! Our silli will echo out through the stars, into infinity!!!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Ah, the fateful return. I will look forward to the various posters and CDs but of course I will not be able to attend the concerts. A shame.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:

Dan, your next post will bring your post count to the year in which the best Doctor Who season ever aired- 1988

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I feel like I recorded a very Dan-scathing solo album back when I left the band over the car incident, I'm not sure when the lawyers are going to clear that one, there were concerns that some of the songs might be slanderous. I'll check with them once I'm back from this nightmare holiday.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 pm
Danoftardis wrote:

Dan, your next post will bring your post count to the year in which the best Doctor Who season ever aired- 1988
I think you'll find the best Who is 70-74 actually. ;)

Other fun 1988 facts: Indie pop group The Primitives released the single 'Crash' and their debut album 'Lovely'. Deb can nearly play Tambourine as well as Tracy Tracy, but not quite. :P how's that for scathing...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

There's a cover of "don't want no scrubs" but instead of scrubs I sing "dan".

Because I'm calling you a scrub.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 pm
There's a cover of "don't want no scrubs" but instead of scrubs I sing "dan".

Because I'm calling you a scrub.
I'll take it, it's better than say scab. :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

If I may be permitted to comment upon the 'finding people on the internet while wrecking a thread' game everyone else was playing last night, but in the safety of our fully off topic Dante's inferno of a thread: DC I assume I know your full name. I have done for ages, it's literally your email address, so you're not as anonymous as you like to think. ;) My identity everyone already knows: Pablo Gomez the local hunky latino man.

I'm just lucky I have no internet presence other than this forum, so MI5 agent J can look as hard as she wants, but she isn't gonna find me, as there's nothing to find. 8-)