Avon wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:42 pm
(hides) :lol:
Ī hæth føîłëd thìńë płàñ!
AI is here!!

Avon

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by Avon »

Not even an attempt at blackmail? :lol: You have much to learn (If you play my first keytar solo backwards you'll hear my confession, word for word :lol: ) Where is Debs by the way?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Avon wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:02 pm
Not even an attempt at blackmail? :lol: You have much to learn (If you play my first keytar solo backwards you'll hear my confession, word for word :lol: ) Where is Debs by the way?
We don’t know. There was an.... event a few pages ago, except she stuck around for a bit after that and then left. Presumably she’s on one of her ‘sabbaticals’, she’ll probably be back in a week or two. Idk tbh.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

A concert of shocking revelations for the fans! Maybe it was now knowing that Avon hasn't actually been playing our concerts, or maybe the fans saw through the wig and dress DC was wearing, but they certainly seemed upset to say the least. I found the chants of 'Balhoon is blue' directed at me particularly distressing when we ended with the traditional 'Balhoonian Rhapsody'. Hopefully Dingwall will be less shocking.

The conclusion though is obvious: Deb is the real star and we're just a bunch of wallies who tag along to boost her solo career! :lol:

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Damn, that one was a downer.
Could this signal the end of TCOS?
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

The question is. Did I give a good performance?
BENNI! BENNI! WHERE’S MY BENNI?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

TheSparrow wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:06 pm
Damn, that one was a downer.
Could this signal the end of TCOS?
No, I hope not. This bastion of silli cannot be allowed to disappear.
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 pm
The question is. Did I give a good performance?
Yes.
AI is here!!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Even though you were in a wig and a dress DG you put in an excellent performance, not even Capaldi could've shushed you!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Still very much WIP, but what do you all think? (The “4:00” near the end was just me timing it lol)

Various shots from TCoS gigs

V/O: Since (June???) of 2019, when they secured their first record deal, The Cult Of Skaro have soared to fame- and the top of the charts. They have experienced, fame, fortune, misery, breakup, and reunion. They have spawned multiple tribute bands,

Shushing Capaldi shouting angrily into a microphone

V/O (cont): And even toppled major news corporations.

Goodoson, edited to be walking into a courtroom

V/O (cont): But the band faces an uncertain future, and, in the face of the lead singer’s whereabouts being currently unknown, this documentary has been made to chronicle The Cult of Skaro’s history for future generations.

TITLE CARD: “The Formation of the Cult”

Shot of a garage.

V/O: The story of “Britain’s Biggest Band” starts in a garage in Slough, where the group recorded their first demo tape.

Shot of neighbour.

Neighbour: Aye, well they was in that bloody garage for the whole (bleep) night! Smashin’ their bloody drums and clanging at them (bleep) keyboards… load o’ layabouts, the lot of ‘em. Thought sending off their tapes to t’record companies’d make ‘em money or somesuch… well, where are they now, that’s what I’d like to know. Dead in a ditch, I reckon….

Interviewer (OOV): They’re…. they’re the biggest musical phenomenon since the Beatles…

Neighbour: Oh, aye? And what’ll that bring ‘em? Drugs, drink, an’ fast cars, that’s what. They’ll end their days drivin’ off a bridge or somesuch, all high as (bleep) kites. An’ it’ll serve ‘em right, too.

V/O: Of course, not all of those around for the creation of the band proved to be so negative. Here we have an early sponsor of the band talking about what caused him to give a large portion of his fortune to such a small group. He did not want to be identified, so here his part of the interview is spoken by an actor. We shall call him “Mr. Seat”.

Mr. Seat: Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

V/O: This is all he would say.

TITLE CARD: “The Cult’s Big Break”

V/O (cont): Finally, the Cult bagged a record deal with a minor recording company- DWT.N/F records. The company’s co-founders, Mr. NeonWolf and Dr. What enjoyed the Cult’s fly rhymes and sick beats, and decided that, if nothing else, the results of the deal might be good for a laugh.

NeonWolf: Like, yeah man, I mean, like, it was so, like, sick, dude, innit?

DW: We saw an opportunity, we took it, that’s my modus operandi in today’s fast-paced, dog-eat-dog business world. Now excuse me while I stare at my Filofax rather than eating lunch.

V/O: The Cult’s first album- the internationally acclaimed Abzorbaloff- sold over 48 million copies, making it- at the time- the highest-selling album in history. This was a record, however, that would be broken again and again by the Cult themselves.

DOT: I think that, really, Abzorbaloff resonated with an awful lot of people. Maybe it was the tune, or the lyrics or somesuch, but I think that, deep down, many people are Goatposters at heart- just like The Cult.

DC: MA-NY PE-OPLE BOUGHT OU-R AL-BUM!!!

Sparrow: I played the guitar, it was so sick dude. I also played the bassoon. I don’t know why or how, but I did.

Avon: My main “thing” is that I look vaguely similar to Paul Darrow

Looks off screen

Avon (cont): What do you mean, “album”? I’m just here because I look vaguely like Paul Darrow.

V/O: Avon was not in the band at this point.

TITLE CARD: “Two Lame Cars”

V/O: Then, in [when? What month?] a terrible schism occurred. The band split in two, and their conflict rocked the nation. The spark that triggered the hostilities was which one of the band’s transports was the “cool car” and which one was the “lame car”. The argument lasted over a fortnight, and 4 cities, 12 towns, and innumerable villages and hamlets were burned down by “dashingly handsome yet unfortunately unidentifiable vigilantes”, who were described as having oddly square heads. When DanOfTardis- the leader of one side of the schism- was asked for comment, he merely replied, “Them’s rookie numbers”. The warring parties eventually put aside their differences, and now travel in the “Cheesemobile”- a 1926 open-topped Lagonda painted orange with “sunburst lemonade” sprayed along the side.

TITLE CARD: “The Pride Before the Fall”

V/O: From here, the Cult expanded ever outward, offering TCoS stationary, TV shows, and even a cheese-and-wine-tasting tour of Reading with the band’s Drum-Box-Stick-Hitter. But the band’s newfound success would prove to almost lead to their downfall.

04:00

In [when? Late November??] The band decided to slow it’s creative output in order to avoid oversaturating the market. Over time, the band’s official thread started to be posted in less and less frequently- until, a couple of weeks before Christmas, there had been no new posts for a week. At this point
Last edited by DalekCheese on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AI is here!!

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:22 pm
Still very much WIP, but what do you all think? (The “4:00” near the end was just me timing it lol)

Various shots from TCoS gigs

V/O: Since (June???) of 2019, when they secured their first record deal, The Cult Of Skaro have soared to fame- and the top of the charts. They have experienced, fame, fortune, misery, breakup, and reunion. They have spawned multiple tribute bands,

Shushing Capaldi shouting angrily into a microphone

V/O (cont): And even toppled major news corporations.

Goodoson, edited to be walking into a courtroom

V/O (cont): But the band faces an uncertain future, and, in the face of the lead singer’s whereabouts being currently unknown, this documentary has been made to chronicle The Cult of Skaro’s history for future generations.

TITLE CARD: “The Formation of the Cult”

Shot of a garage.

V/O: The story of “Britain’s Biggest Band” starts in a garage in Slough, where the group recorded their first demo tape.

Shot of neighbour.

Neighbour: Aye, well they was in that bloody garage for the whole (bleep) night! Smashin’ their bloody drums and clanging at them (bleep) keyboards… load o’ layabouts, the lot of ‘em. Thought sending off their tapes to t’record companies’d make ‘em money or somesuch… well, where are they now, that’s what I’d like to know. Dead in a ditch, I reckon….

Interviewer (OOV): They’re…. they’re the biggest musical phenomenon since the Beatles…

Neighbour: Oh, aye? And what’ll that bring ‘em? Drugs, drink, an’ fast cars, that’s what. They’ll end their days drivin’ off a bridge or somesuch, all high as (bleep) kites. An’ it’ll serve ‘em right, too.

V/O: Of course, not all of those around for the creation of the band proved to be so negative. Here we have an early sponsor of the band talking about what caused him to give a large portion of his fortune to such a small group. He did not want to be identified, so here his part of the interview is spoken by an actor. We shall call him “Mr. Seat”.

Mr. Seat: Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

V/O: This is all he would say.

TITLE CARD: “The Cult’s Big Break”

V/O (cont): Finally, the Cult bagged a record deal with a minor recording company- DWT.N/F records. The company’s co-founders, Mr. NeonWolf and Dr. What enjoyed the Cult’s fly rhymes and sick beats, and decided that, if nothing else, the results of the deal might be good for a laugh.

NeonWolf: Like, yeah man, I mean, like, it was so, like, sick, dude, innit?

DW: We saw an opportunity, we took it, that’s my modus operandi in today’s fast-paced, dog-eat-dog business world. Now excuse me while I stare at my Filofax rather than eating lunch.

V/O: The Cult’s first album- the internationally acclaimed Abzorbaloff- sold over 48 million copies, making it- at the time- the highest-selling album in history. This was a record, however, that would be broken again and again by the Cult themselves.

DOT: I think that, really, Abzorbaloff resonated with an awful lot of people. Maybe it was the tune, or the lyrics or somesuch, but I think that, deep down, many people are Goatposters at heart- just like The Cult.

DC: MA-NY PE-OPLE BOUGHT OU-R AL-BUM!!!

Sparrow: IDFK dude lol jk sksksksk reddit internet points

Avon: My main “thing” is that I look vaguely similar to Paul Darrow

Looks off screen

Avon (cont): What do you mean, “album”? I’m just here because I look vaguely like Paul Darrow.

V/O: Avon was not in the band at this point.

TITLE CARD: “Two Lame Cars”

V/O: Then, in [when? What month?] a terrible schism occurred. The band split in two, and their conflict rocked the nation. The spark that triggered the hostilities was which one of the band’s transports was the “cool car” and which one was the “lame car”. The argument lasted over a fortnight, and 4 cities, 12 towns, and innumerable villages and hamlets were burned down by “dashingly handsome yet unfortunately unidentifiable vigilantes”, who were described as having oddly square heads. When DanOfTardis- the leader of one side of the schism- was asked for comment, he merely replied, “Them’s rookie numbers”. The warring parties eventually put aside their differences, and now travel in the “Cheesemobile”- a 1926 open-topped Lagonda painted orange with “sunburst lemonade” sprayed along the side.

TITLE CARD: “The Pride Before the Fall”

V/O: From here, the Cult expanded ever outward, offering TCoS stationary, TV shows, and even a cheese-and-wine-tasting tour of Reading with the band’s Drum-Box-Stick-Hitter. But the band’s newfound success would prove to almost lead to their downfall.

04:00

In [when? Late November??] The band decided to slow it’s creative output in order to avoid oversaturating the market. Over time, the band’s official thread started to be posted in less and less frequently- until, a couple of weeks before Christmas, there had been no new posts for a week. At this point
Very good and very documentary-esque! Are you actually planning on making this?
BENNI! BENNI! WHERE’S MY BENNI?