Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:25 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:10 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Who is playing the neighbour
Idk, maybe stop motion? But prolly not. Why?
I mean voice acting
Oh, I see. Me, I guess, unless anyone else wants to.

DalekCheese

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by DalekCheese »

So, unless anyone has any suggestions/feedback etc:

Various shots from TCoS gigs

V/O: Since July of 2019, when they secured their first record deal, The Cult Of Skaro have soared to fame- and the top of the charts. They have experienced, fame, fortune, misery, breakup, and reunion. They have spawned multiple tribute bands,

Capaldi shouting angrily into a microphone

V/O (cont): And even toppled major news corporations.

Goodoson, walking into a courtroom

V/O (cont): But the band faces an uncertain future, and, in the face of the lead singer’s whereabouts being currently unknown, this documentary has been made to chronicle The Cult of Skaro’s history for future generations.

TITLE CARD: “The Formation of the Cult”

Shot of a garage.

V/O: The story of “Britain’s Biggest Band” starts in a garage in Slough, where the group recorded their first demo tape.

Shot of neighbour.

Neighbour: Aye, well they was in that bloody garage for the whole (bleep) night! Smashin’ their bloody drums and clanging at them (bleep) keyboards… load o’ layabouts, the lot of ‘em. Thought sending off their tapes to t’record companies’d make ‘em money or somesuch… well, where are they now, that’s what I’d like to know. Dead in a ditch, I reckon….

Interviewer (OOV): They’re…. they’re the biggest musical phenomenon since the Beatles…

Neighbour: Oh, aye? And what’ll that bring ‘em? Drugs, drink, an’ fast cars, that’s what. They’ll end their days drivin’ off a bridge or somesuch, all high as (bleep) kites. An’ it’ll serve ‘em right, too.

V/O: Of course, not all of those around for the creation of the band proved to be so negative. Here we have an early sponsor of the band talking about what caused him to give a large portion of his fortune to such a small group. He did not want to be identified, so here his part of the interview is spoken by an actor. We shall call him “Mr. Seat”.

Mr. Seat: Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

V/O: This is all he would say.

TITLE CARD: “The Cult’s Big Break”

V/O (cont): Finally, the Cult bagged a record deal with a minor recording company- DWT.N/F records. The company’s co-founders, Mr. NeonWolf and Dr. What enjoyed the Cult’s fly rhythms and sick beats, and decided that, if nothing else, the results of the deal might be good for a laugh.

NeonWolf: Like, yeah man, I mean, like, it was so, like, sick, dude, innit?

DW: We saw an opportunity, we took it, that’s my modus operandi in today’s fast-paced, dog-eat-dog business world. Now excuse me while I stare at my Filofax rather than eating lunch.

V/O: The Cult’s first album- the internationally acclaimed Abzorbaloff- sold over 48 million copies, making it- at the time- the highest-selling album in history. This was a record, however, that would be broken time and again by the Cult themselves.

DOT: I think that, really, Abzorbaloff resonated with an awful lot of people. Maybe it was the tune, or the lyrics or somesuch, but I think that, deep down, many people are Goatposters at heart- just like The Cult.

DC: MA-NY PE-OPLE BOUGHT OU-R AL-BUM!!!

Sparrow: It was sick, dude. I played the guitar. I also played the bassoon, which is odd, because I’ve barely even heard a bassoon, let alone been able to play one.

Avon: My main “thing” is that I look vaguely similar to Paul Darrow

Looks off screen

Avon (cont): What do you mean, “album”? I’m just here because I look vaguely like Paul Darrow.

V/O: Avon was not in the band at this point.

TITLE CARD: “Two Lame Cars”

V/O: Then, on 25th July a terrible schism occurred. The band split in two, and their conflict rocked the nation. The spark that triggered the hostilities was which one of the band’s transports was the “cool car” and which one was the “lame car”. The argument lasted over a fortnight, and 4 cities, 12 towns, and innumerable villages and hamlets were burned down by “dashingly handsome yet unfortunately unidentifiable vigilantes”, who were described as having oddly square heads. When DanOfTardis- the leader of one side of the schism- was asked for comment, he merely replied:

DoT: Them’s rookie numbers.

V/O (cont): In August, the warring parties eventually put aside their differences, and now travel in the “Cheesemobile”- a 1926 open-topped Lagonda painted orange with “sunburst lemonade” sprayed along the side. It was later discovered that the schism had been engineered by notorious head of STV news, Davrid Goodoson in order to put up views and newspaper sales.

TITLE CARD: Goodoson, Davrid Goodoson

V/O (cont): But Goodoson had not stopped trying to separate the group. Through a number of inaccurate and unconvincing headlines, Goodoson managed to create a nationwide scandal that divided families and threatened to destroy the British public altogether. His next move, though, proved to be unethical beyond belief. The first part of his plan was to engineer a relationship between bass player Dan and a sea-devil named Sheila, and to maintain this for several weeks. His second action was somehow even more despicable- to pay Sheila to lie to Dan about having cheated on him with another member of the band. To this day, Dan has refused to reveal which member this was. Goodoson continues to lie about the band with sensationalist headlines. He had one of his reporters issue this statement:

Bundesrat: We fervently believed all information printed to be true. It’s not our fault if we made it up.

TITLE CARD: “The Pride Before the Fall”

V/O: From here, the Cult expanded ever outward, offering TCoS stationary, TV shows, and even a cheese-and-wine-tasting tour of Reading with the band’s Drum-Box-Stick-Hitter. But the band’s newfound success would prove to almost lead to their downfall.

4:35

V/O (cont): In late August, the band decided to slow it’s creative output in order to avoid oversaturating the market. Over time, the band’s official thread started to be posted in less and less frequently- until, a couple of weeks before Christmas, there had been no new posts for a week. At this point the group’s members were worrying for the very future of their status as “Britain’s Biggest Band”. However, activity returned in the weeks after Christmas, and the Cult’s Christmas single soared to the top of the charts all around the world, selling a total of 9 billion copies- and, mystifyingly, no-one bought them twice. The band’s future is secure… or is it?
With the lead singer’s whereabouts currently unknown, the band is forced to use a substitute, sourced from a tribute band.

Shushing Capaldi: Don’t forget to click below to click below to subscribe to the official Cult YouTube channel.

V/O (cont): Again, this is all he would say. So, what is in the future for the Cult? To slowly fade to the edges of obscurity? To continue, in one form or another, for another 26 years, two months, and 6 days? Will the disappearance of the lead singer push the band apart, or bring it together? The only thing that is sure is that, for now, the Cult is going nowhere.

5:35

CREDITS- could be run to “REL”?

DC-itself
DoT- himself, except when not
Sparrow-himself
Shushing Capaldi- DG
DG-himself, or possibly an unconvincing plastic replica
Avon-PAUL DARROW and HIMSELF
DW-himself
NW-himself
Bundesrat-themselves(?)
Sheila-herself

WITH

Dedicated to Deborah J, may she return soon.
6:00
Last edited by DalekCheese on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:32 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Idk, maybe stop motion? But prolly not. Why?
I mean voice acting
I guessed you were going with a northern accent by the way it was written. I can do a fairly decent northern accent unless you are northern yourself

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:

I mean voice acting
I guessed you were going with a northern accent by the way it was written. I can do a fairly decent northern accent unless you are northern yourself
No, I’m not. Knock yourself out ;)

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:

I’m also very excited to say don’t forget to click below! I’ll try my best Scottish accent

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:11 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:46 pm
What are you using to make this DC? From a technical standpoint it would be better to use MP3 files like Sparrow suggested, not to mention easier. Not that I'm trying to interfere, just passing on my experience.
While I have no doubt it would be much easier.... I am tech-illiterate. iMovie is the only video-editing program I can use, :lol:
Mac or an IPhone/Pad? Sounds like this is the sort of thing that needs to be done on a PC/Mac, I mean that's a ton of audio and pictures required. Personally I use the old version of Windows Movie Maker on my PC which is surprisingly versatile, I used to use Sony Vegas Pro but that tanked the RAM on my old PC.

And for the love of Rao it's SHEBA. I'm going to find you and tattoo it onto your inner eyelids. :roll: :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:11 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:46 pm
What are you using to make this DC? From a technical standpoint it would be better to use MP3 files like Sparrow suggested, not to mention easier. Not that I'm trying to interfere, just passing on my experience.
While I have no doubt it would be much easier.... I am tech-illiterate. iMovie is the only video-editing program I can use, :lol:
Mac or an IPhone/Pad? Sounds like this is the sort of thing that needs to be done on a PC/Mac, I mean that's a ton of audio and pictures required. Personally I use the old version of Windows Movie Maker on my PC which is surprisingly versatile, I used to use Sony Vegas Pro but that tanked the RAM on my old PC.

And for the love of Rao it's SHEBA. I'm going to find you and tattoo it onto your inner eyelids. :roll: :lol:
iPad. It’s not too bad as you’re clever with how you save it. Should be able to handle 6 or 7 minutes of I’m careful with stitching clips together.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:57 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Doctor Gamer wrote:

I’m also very excited to say don’t forget to click below! I’ll try my best Scottish accent

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:

I should be able to get the voice thing to you tomorrow.
I was really busy today sorry!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:34 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:

I should be able to get the voice thing to you tomorrow.
I was really busy today sorry!
Nah, fair enough. There’s no rush :)