Moderator: porcelaingirl

porcelaingirl

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by porcelaingirl »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:43 pm
porcelaingirl wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:42 pm
If it comes from Slough, it has to be....somewhat mediocre. Love the design. One of the remixes needs to feature Dave Matthews or something like that. I love this stuff. :)
Slough is where our headquarters is, so that implies all our music is mediocre, when in fact it's the greatest sound ever heard by human ears.
I guess what I mean, I associate Slough with "The Office", which is a general bastion of mediocrity, but my original comment was sarcasm. Hence my ending comment "I love this stuff." :)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I’ve just googled DWT’s postcode - first result is “CULT OF SKARO”, followed by some encrypted government messages.......

The screwdriver box images that came up mid page kind of look like a TARDIS too

porcelaingirl

Post by porcelaingirl »

Bundesrat wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:11 pm
I’ve just googled DWT’s postcode - first result is “CULT OF SKARO”, followed by some encrypted government messages.......

Where does your screenname come from? Just curious like a cat. ^_^

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

porcelaingirl wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm
Bundesrat wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Where does your screenname come from? Just curious like a cat. ^_^
You know what curiosity did to the cat - and I fear you might drop down with a severe case of underwhelment by the answer......

Back in the Uni days we all had screen names, mine was 'Buck Bundy'. We pretty much only referred to each other by our screen names so some folk called me 'Buck', some called me 'Bundy' and one guy called me 'Bundesrat' which I thought was quirky. Since then I have used it as a fall back for when I can't get 'Bundy' as a name.

It was only years later I found out it was a German legislative body - and thankfully upon checking found it had no unpleasant historical connections.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Bundesrat wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:20 am

You know what curiosity did to the cat
you know, the full version of that phrase is "curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back" pretty sure it got changed by people wanting to discourage curiosity, since the full version encourages it. A lot of negative phrases are trimmed down from longer more positive ones, it's kind of weird.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 pm
Bundesrat wrote:

you know, the full version of that phrase is "curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back" pretty sure it got changed by people wanting to discourage curiosity, since the full version encourages it. A lot of negative phrases are trimmed down from longer more positive ones, it's kind of weird.
My curiosity was piqued so I had a look and the extension to the phrase seems to have been added 300+ years after the original short version. To paraphrase Skiff and channel QI, pretty much nothing we think we know is cannon.

Who knew it was something other than an 80s band with sounds like 'The woman who fell down to Earth'

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:27 am
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 pm
Bundesrat wrote:

My curiosity was piqued so I had a look and the extension to the phrase seems to have been added 300+ years after the original short version. To paraphrase Skiff and channel QI, pretty much nothing we think we know is cannon.

Who knew it was something other than an 80s band with sounds like 'The woman who fell down to Earth'
Aww, that's really disappointing. :(

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Question: What would you say were TCOS's most popular tracks?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I feel like that's a question the fans would know the answer to better than the band members do. I know that most of our most popular songs were on the "Confusing the Polarity" compilation album, so it's probably one of those.

Personally my favourite is Old Time Sausage Roll, but that's just me.