CULT OF SKARO

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Danoftardis

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by Danoftardis »

Today's issue of TDNS is particularly shocking:

In terms of 'Best Publisher' I'm afraid to say I have to vote in favour of TDV, STV has been a dire failure and TDNS is too new which leaves me with only one option. Thankfully TDV has reformed their coverage of TCoS in recent months so it's not as hard a decision to make as it could've been.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

I notice TDV seem to be avoiding this matter, I'm yet to see a press release from them.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:13 pm
I notice TDV seem to be avoiding this matter, I'm yet to see a press release from them.
What do you mean, all decent (and even half-decent) media outlets have received the following press release????

It is with great delight to learn that that DoT has voted for us in the prestigious Annual TCOS Awards. As a founding member of the world’s greatest group his opinion is highly respected throughout not only the music industry, but throughout all of the arts, the media, international politics, medicine and home baking.

Should we be fortunate enough to win the best publisher award it will take pride of place in the brand new TDV Towers we moved into last year. Anyone that is anyone was at the launch party, and the acoustic set by the talent in TCOS is still a talking point by the all the guests to this day. Only this morning Sir Paul McCartney commented they truly are “the fab 4” and had he realised how much better a band can sound without a drummer he would never have hired Ringo.

Talking of TDV Towers, as part of our lease agreement for the land we were responsible for pulling down the existing towers which was going to be huge cost for us. But in circumstances we are currently unclear about someone has done the job for us, and as the destruction of our tower was covered by the huge insurance cover we took out following the incident with our original tower we have just received a cheque for an initial payment of 267 Billion Talmars. So a big thank you to whoever has saved us a fortune in demolition costs, and an even bigger thank you for making us the recipients of the universe’s biggest insurance payout ever.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

I'd just like to make it clear that I am not associated with TDNS, so please don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:44 am
I'd just like to make it clear that I am not associated with TDNS, so please don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.
Likewise, TDV simply report the statements made by others and make no comment as to whether we agree with then or not*

*we will also not be drawn on whether they actually made these statements or not

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 pm
his opinion is highly respected throughout not only the music industry, but throughout all of the arts, the media, international politics, medicine and home baking.
My new book 'Danoftardis: 10 Ways to Bake Peladon Pies (And Other Tasty Treats)' is out February the 28th, published by TDV's baking arm. Only 5 Talmars!

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:05 pm
Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 pm
his opinion is highly respected throughout not only the music industry, but throughout all of the arts, the media, international politics, medicine and home baking.
My new book 'Danoftardis: 10 Ways to Bake Peladon Pies (And Other Tasty Treats)' is out February the 28th, published by TDV's baking arm. Only 5 Talmars!
“It is the Jon Pertwee Recipe Book for a new generation” (Mary Berry).

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Following the lowest vote count in the history of the Annual TCoS Awards ceremony I'm pleased to reveal the winner of 'Best Publisher'....

The Daily Vortex!

This concludes the 2nd Annual The Cult of Skaro Award ceremony, I hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks to those who voted and generally took part, and thanks to the 200+ people who didn't, your indifference to TCoS is sure to please rogue sorcerers throughout the internet. ;)

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Yesterday saw the release of another shocking edition of TDNS! (Not at all financed, publisher or written by DoctorGamer...)

Will this be the start or a publication feud? Only time will tell...

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Statement from TDNS:

From today our paper will be becoming a subscription based service. Front pages will be released publicly, albeit with less writing, as all of that will be waiting for you once you sign up to the service. Available now is the issue you see above and coming later today will be a new shocking story...