CO renews Doctor Who license (July2017)

skifflebits

Re: CO renews Doctor Who license (July2017)

Postby skifflebits » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:17 pm

glasshouse_8th wrote:
skifflebits wrote:And I do wish TRU would do a series of Doctor/Cyberman sets like the Doctor/Dalek sets.

That would be great 8-) Only issue would be with what Cyberman to pair with the 3rd Doctor, as he never faced the Cybermen in his era. I guess they'd have to go with either an 'Invasion' Cyberman (as Spearhead from Space is set not too far in the future after the events of The Invasion) or a Five Doctors Cyberman, as he briefly engaged them in that classic 1980s serial.

"Five Doctors," surely. Maybe give it a "battle damaged" paint job to make a variant.

Same issue with the 9th Doctor. What Cyberman to pair with him?!
8th Doctor wouldn't be an issue... as CO could repaint an 'Invasion' Cyberman to make him Kroton, from the comic strips.

8th is no problem because of Kroton, as you said.

9th would require a cheat no matter how you look at it. Maybe a "Revenge" variant since the head of a "Revenge" Cyberman was in "Dalek." Or find a comic strip to dig one out of.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Doctor What wrote:If they were to do Doctor/Cyberman sets, I'd put 3 with a Five Doctors Cyberman or Cyberleader (maybe with added "cyber-sick" from being attacked by the Raston warrior robot)

For 9 i'm not sure, maybe the Revenge type since he finds a head in a glass case in Dalek?

8 Could have lots of types really, he's been depicted with the Invasion type and the Tenth Planet ones on Big Finish covers. Or maybe Kroton.

I love how me and skifflebits have basically wrote the same thing :lol: great minds think alike eh?

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm

If we wanted lots of new variants (in order of Doctors)
Black and White 10th Planet
Black and white Invasion
Five Doctors Cyberleader
Revenge Cyberman (just a rerelease here as there's not much that can be done)
Earthshock Cyberleader
Attack Stealth Cyberman with correct paint and shoes
Chrome pint Silver nemesis Cyberman
Kroton the Cyberman
No idea for 9
Ghost Cyberman
Series 6 Cyberleader

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm

An interesting thing about the series 6 cybermen is that the single, clean release has a flat chest piece with printed detail, whereas the corroded ones have moulded detail. I guess a twelfth doctor pack could also include one of these cybermen since they were in The Doctor Falls. Maybe with a lit up chest piece?

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Doctor What wrote:An interesting thing about the series 6 cybermen is that the single, clean release has a flat chest piece with printed detail, whereas the corroded ones have moulded detail. I guess a twelfth doctor pack could also include one of these cybermen since they were in The Doctor Falls. Maybe with a lit up chest piece?

Also, the headsculpts of the corroded Cybermen are brand new, not just with added damage, there sculpts are more sharp and the details more pronounced. It's always been a shame this improvement was not made to the regular figures.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Whovastron wrote:
Doctor What wrote:An interesting thing about the series 6 cybermen is that the single, clean release has a flat chest piece with printed detail, whereas the corroded ones have moulded detail. I guess a twelfth doctor pack could also include one of these cybermen since they were in The Doctor Falls. Maybe with a lit up chest piece?

Also, the headsculpts of the corroded Cybermen are brand new, not just with added damage, there sculpts are more sharp and the details more pronounced. It's always been a shame this improvement was not made to the regular figures.

TW.

That's true, i'd forgotten about that. I don't think there's actually one with a totally normal face though is there? I've often thought of getting a spare and making a nice detailed custom one.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:29 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:Rose, Donna, Martha and Amy have sold very well apparently.

It's more difficult to know withg the classic companions, since their releases were rather limited.
Still the B&M pack with Jo sold better of the three packs... but it did contain the most variants

Interesting. Both Jo and the Pert were really nice variants, with Jo's being particularly groovy. :)

Shame there wasn't a way to "vary up" the latest Tom release, but it's still nice to see Leela out again.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

skifflebits wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:Rose, Donna, Martha and Amy have sold very well apparently.

It's more difficult to know withg the classic companions, since their releases were rather limited.
Still the B&M pack with Jo sold better of the three packs... but it did contain the most variants

Interesting. Both Jo and the Pert were really nice variants, with Jo's being particularly groovy. :)

Shame there wasn't a way to "vary up" the latest Tom release, but it's still nice to see Leela out again.

Especially since i keep seeing Invasion of Time sets on ebay for £100 :shock: coincidentally I bought that set the week before these came out.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 am

skifflebits wrote:

At least, K9 is a nice variant, and Leela now has blue eyes

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 am

I remember that's it took me like a year to hunt down a Martha figure.
Member since July 2013

Return to “5" Figures”