Prototype and Unreleased Figures

skifflebits

Re: Prototype and Unreleased Figures

Postby skifflebits » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:03 pm

speckleness wrote:Brick and mortal.... that's clearly why it's dying.

:mrgreen:

:lol:

whoops!

:P
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Was there ever a prototype Pandorica Guard Cyberman without the right arm, e.g. accurate. I say this as I believe I saw a prototype image of one, though I can't find it again. If there was indeed a prototype of Pandorica Guard Cyberman without the right arm, I'd be curious to know why that the actual finished versions had the right arm which does seem to contain a few new molds.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:31 pm

The Outcast wrote:Was there ever a prototype Pandorica Guard Cyberman without the right arm, e.g. accurate. I say this as I believe I saw a prototype image of one, though I can't find it again. If there was indeed a prototype of Pandorica Guard Cyberman without the right arm, I'd be curious to know why that the actual finished versions had the right arm which does seem to contain a few new molds.

Not as far as I'm aware, I know there are quite a few custom one arm ones (I've done one myself), but I believe the only two variants were the standard open helmet/skull one and sword in the chest Argos exclusive

timethrow

Postby timethrow » Sat May 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Not my photo, but think this is what you are referring too.

I believe it was a prototype, but dont have much info on it. The person who posted it, had alot of genuine other prototypes as well, so I don't believe it to be fake.

https://imgur.com/a/GS31eT8
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timethrow/

Latest Figures to Arrive:
Thirteen Doctor's Collectors Set, B&M 2016 Wave (all 3 Sets, and both Jo variants).

Most Wanted Figures:
Prototype Fifth Doctors TARDIS

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sun May 06, 2018 2:11 am

timethrow wrote:Not my photo, but think this is what you are referring too.

I believe it was a prototype, but dont have much info on it. The person who posted it, had alot of genuine other prototypes as well, so I don't believe it to be fake.

https://imgur.com/a/GS31eT8

Yeah, that's the one.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 am

I remember seeing this picture a while ago, and yes, Dave in Australia is a serious collector of production samples and prototypes

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 am

I wonder if there are images of any more prototype figures stored away on Imgur. If only I could figure out how to search for them...

On that note, I did do a quick Instagram search and while it didn't wield any prototype images, I did find a post claiming that Character Options had a 13th Doctor figure in the restricted areas at the last Toy Fair. So that is kinda cool if true.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 pm

The Outcast wrote:I wonder if there are images of any more prototype figures stored away on Imgur. If only I could figure out how to search for them...

On that note, I did do a quick Instagram search and while it didn't wield any prototype images, I did find a post claiming that Character Options had a 13th Doctor figure in the restricted areas at the last Toy Fair. So that is kinda cool if true.

I was at the Toy Fair on CO's booth and there was no secret room, just a private office. There was no 5" figure that I could see there.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 am

HubertBonisseur wrote:I was at the Toy Fair on CO's booth and there was no secret room, just a private office. There was no 5" figure that I could see there.

Well, according to the image comments, they only could show it to 6 people or something. Maybe the person was lying and there wasn't one there. Needless to say, we are most likely gonna get a 13th Doctor figure this year, seeing as we know there is going to be a 13th Doctor TARDIS, whether not there was a prototype at Toy Fair doesn't particular matter much to me, I only brought that up because I thought it was interesting.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm

The Outcast wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:I was at the Toy Fair on CO's booth and there was no secret room, just a private office. There was no 5" figure that I could see there.

Well, according to the image comments, they only could show it to 6 people or something. Maybe the person was lying and there wasn't one there. Needless to say, we are most likely gonna get a 13th Doctor figure this year, seeing as we know there is going to be a 13th Doctor TARDIS, whether not there was a prototype at Toy Fair doesn't particular matter much to me, I only brought that up because I thought it was interesting.

Yeah, I remember that Instagram post. At the time, people seemed to think that someone may have been having a laugh at their expense at the Toy Fair.

Return to “5" Figures”