B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

CaptainJimiPie

Re: B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Deborah J wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:People appear to be told that a lot of shops won't be carrying the Tardis.

I really hope that's not true, the Tardis was one of the things I was most excited to get, I don't have a classic Tardis. I'm mostly in this for the Tardis and Bill, everything else is exciting, but without those two would be quite a bit less exciting.

Again what is the source for this information? Has this actually come from B&M themselves or is this just people saying they've been told this? Because I'm becoming more and more dubious of anything said that isn't actually officially from B&M

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:58 pm

The sets look really nice in those pictures, although I still think Tom Baker's waistcoat is cut a little too high. I'd need to check some pictures, but I feel like there was a longer bit of his shirt and tie visible than that in the actual episodes.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:16 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:People appear to be told that a lot of shops won't be carrying the Tardis.

I really hope that's not true, the Tardis was one of the things I was most excited to get, I don't have a classic Tardis. I'm mostly in this for the Tardis and Bill, everything else is exciting, but without those two would be quite a bit less exciting.

Again what is the source for this information? Has this actually come from B&M themselves or is this just people saying they've been told this? Because I'm becoming more and more dubious of anything said that isn't actually officially from B&M

A few people have been told this by B&M.

Deborah J wrote:The sets look really nice in those pictures, although I still think Tom Baker's waistcoat is cut a little too high. I'd need to check some pictures, but I feel like there was a longer bit of his shirt and tie visible than that in the actual episodes.

It does seem higher than it should be but there's not much in it. What i'm wondering is if it's a new sculpt, since I can't find another figure that uses that sculpt.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Doctor What wrote:
It does seem higher than it should be but there's not much in it. What i'm wondering is if it's a new sculpt, since I can't find another figure that uses that sculpt.

Yeah, I've taken a look again at pictures from that story, the real waistcoat is a lot higher than I was remembering, I'd chalk that one up as another thing I was wrong about. It's weird, though, because he wears that waistcoat again, doesn't he? it's the same one from shada for sure and it doesn't look as high in those later stories. But maybe he has it open in those ones.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Doctor What wrote:

Yeah, I've taken a look again at pictures from that story, the real waistcoat is a lot higher than I was remembering, I'd chalk that one up as another thing I was wrong about. It's weird, though, because he wears that waistcoat again, doesn't he? it's the same one from shada for sure and it doesn't look as high in those later stories. But maybe he has it open in those ones.

Yeah I think he adopts it into his normal wardrobe after Talons and occasionally wears it when he's not wearing the season 13 one. He tends to always have it open in later seasons though.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Found this on The Doctor Who Site
"Phoned a branch in west yorkshire. It seems as though its part of their autumn / christmas stock and they said it might be a few weeks before they get these in."

Seems to slot in with what I was told by a lady who worked there today.
It slipped my mind, but she said it could take up to five weeks.
Maybe not the youngest person, both physically and mentally, on this forum.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Doctor What wrote:Yeah I think he adopts it into his normal wardrobe after Talons and occasionally wears it when he's not wearing the season 13 one. He tends to always have it open in later seasons though.

I think that's probably what's gotten me confused. I have a friend who is trying to put together a really good wardrobe of doctor who costume pieces, and since I've generally got a better eye for detail he's had me watching carefully through all the Tom Baker episodes for subtle variations and details There seem to be four distinct waistcoats including this one, plus the cardigan at the start, but the checked waistcoat is the one he wears the most, he has it with pretty much every coat at various times, except the all-purple one at the end. I probably shouldn't mention my confusion over this waistcoat's height to my friend, I don't want to suddenly become useless at one of the few things I'm actually useful for.

TheSparrow wrote:Found this on The Doctor Who Site
"Phoned a branch in west yorkshire. It seems as though its part of their autumn / christmas stock and they said it might be a few weeks before they get these in."

To be honest, if that was true I'd be ok with that, I won't be away when they're released if they're not out until mid-september. I could live with a bit more of a wait.

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

TheSparrow wrote:Found this on The Doctor Who Site

To be honest, if that was true I'd be ok with that, I won't be away when they're released if they're not out until mid-september. I could live with a bit more of a wait.[/quote]

I couldn't, I'm starting to dream about these sets, they're on my mind so much :lol:
Maybe not the youngest person, both physically and mentally, on this forum.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 pm

TheSparrow wrote:I couldn't, I'm starting to dream about these sets, they're on my mind so much :lol:

Don't worry, I'm sure between everyone here we'll all manage to get through the wait together. We're the "B&M set delay support group" and we're all here for you!

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

I have been told by a B&M manager that stores weren't getting an automatic allocation of the Tardis sets, that's all I can confirm.
But reading comments everywhere, quite a few people have now been told that the smaller shops wouldn't carry them, including a guy who contacted B&M's customer service about it.

Return to “5" Figures”