B&M 2019

Racks42

Re: B&M 2019

Postby Racks42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 pm

So I picked up one of the 11th doctor sets today and when I got it home I noticed a few little oddities...

I went to carefully peel back the tape and it just popped open, it had been sliced open.
Then I opened it up, and noticed the 11th doctor wasn't in the elastic bands like the other two figures.

then to top it off, when I took him out all was fine, then I went to move him to the shelf and both of the hands simultaneously fell out.

I just popped them back on, they dont seem to be an issue at the minute.

I just find it curious.
HUU Doctor Who Society President 4 years running, Avid cosplayer, All round Who boffin!
Co-Founder at https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:37 pm

[code][/code]
Racks42 wrote:So I picked up one of the 11th doctor sets today and when I got it home I noticed a few little oddities...

I went to carefully peel back the tape and it just popped open, it had been sliced open.
Then I opened it up, and noticed the 11th doctor wasn't in the elastic bands like the other two figures.

then to top it off, when I took him out all was fine, then I went to move him to the shelf and both of the hands simultaneously fell out.

I just find it curious.

My set had one of Matts hands lying loose at the bottom of the box, but was the only one left so I took a chance, the hand went back in fine, it's been fine since. Maybe a common problem?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Deborah J wrote:[code][/code]
Racks42 wrote:So I picked up one of the 11th doctor sets today and when I got it home I noticed a few little oddities...

I just find it curious.

My set had one of Matts hands lying loose at the bottom of the box, but was the only one left so I took a chance, the hand went back in fine, it's been fine since. Maybe a common problem?

The hands were always dodgy in The Impossible Set.
Helen Sinclair, Don’t You Dare!
Member Since June 2013

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:

I just find it curious.

Oddly, I got the original impossible set way back in the day, and I never had any problems with matts hands in that one.

tardis23

Postby tardis23 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:06 am

Deborah J wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:

Oddly, I got the original impossible set way back in the day, and I never had any problems with matts hands in that one.

My impossible set 11th doctor had war doctors hands for some reason. Took me a while to realise. Although in fairness I did get it for £6.99 in forbidden planet because the figures were loose in the box.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 pm

No problem with my 11th doc either... Looks like someone may have bought a 11th doctor set, had a problem with the hands, bought a second one, swapped the two docs and brought back the opened set to get a refund, and it was put back on sale

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

who_customs_ wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
who_customs_ wrote:
upload image

It's a good match! Not perfect, but the jacket colour makes it almost irresistible to try :)

Oh wow, he's really beautiful, how tricky was it to get the pertwee head onto that shirt piece?

I had to cut off the peg at the neck and then drill a hole into the Pertwee head so it would fit onto the peg on the for the Talons Tom, and also shave down the shirt collars on the figure so I could put the open shirt piece over the top (as the open shirt piece includes the collar, frills and waistcoat all as one piece). Not too much work in the grand scheme of things, but lots of cutting down.

Wait I am confused, where did you cut it down? I made this mod to the regenerated fourth doctor and I only had to mod a third doctor head as you described, no shirt trimming,

Lovaticnwhovian

Postby Lovaticnwhovian » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 pm

On Gallifrey base Al Dewar has confirmed that the next B&M sets are now I’m production and it won’t be too long till we see them!

He also posted this
3F7E4ADD-DDC9-49C3-8430-CAF9A4CC5D58.jpeg
3F7E4ADD-DDC9-49C3-8430-CAF9A4CC5D58.jpeg (132.24 KiB) Viewed 119 times
(Formally Wholords2)

Star wars, Demi Lovato, Sia ,Doctor who and Ariana grande fan!!

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Lovaticnwhovian wrote:On Gallifrey base Al Dewar has confirmed that the next B&M sets are now I’m production and it won’t be too long till we see them!

He also posted this
3F7E4ADD-DDC9-49C3-8430-CAF9A4CC5D58.jpeg

Did he say anything more when he posted that? It looks more like a PB Props style custom build or an early prototype mockup than something that will get released.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 pm

My guess is that photo probably has nothing to do with the new sets, but is more of a peek behind the scenes of the Pertwee TARDIS.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

Return to “5" Figures”