Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Judooning

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby Judooning » Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm

You mention the word "Wave". Does this imply other figures along with either a Velvet 12/Bill figure? Even if it's just repaints/re-releases like the first lot of collectors figures?

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Oh duh the 13 doctors set. How'd I forget that one, though sounds like many want to. I thought the hair was darker, coat lighter and boots not "polished" and vaguely remember the salmon lining being mentioned. Series 8 pants to me were about the same coour as the jacket and not black. Series 9 does seem to have more of a very dark grey look to them though.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun May 21, 2017 8:26 am

Whovastron wrote:I didn't even know about that one! Definitely could bring some hope, especially after other 3.75s that were only realised as 5" (8th Doctor, Missy)

TW.

it was part of the cancelled wave with 8th, Missy and some more Daleks.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sun May 21, 2017 8:32 am

To be fair, I'd be surprised if we saw anything major before the relaunch now. Some repaints and tweaks, yes, but i'm not so sure about brand new figures from the Capaldi era sadly.
I'll be happy to be wrong though :)

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 am

If CO are considering making 3-figure sets for Series 10, you know what I'd love to see?

Series 10 Cyberman set:
Tenth Planet Cyberman (release or slight remold)
Cybus Cyberman (re-release)
2013 Cyberman (upscale)

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun May 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeah, I'd be surprised if we saw new figures before the relaunch.

Still, it seems like there's a backlog of "old favorites" that never made it to 5". The Zygon, the Ice Warrior, the Series 8 Cyberman. They at least had the designs for the 3.75" version. I don't really see them throwing money at 5" molds, but you could leverage those into a series of two-packs that would reuse old Doctor molds.

Though I have no idea where the money would come from if UT isn't financing figures any more.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun May 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Personally I would prefer it if they made a new sculpt for any series 10 12th doctor figures, with the shirt and waistcoat, but I suppose they could do a couple with the series nine sculpt like his outfits from smile and extremis.
As long as we get him in the burgundy coat even if it's on the hoodie figure I'll be happy.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Willbfree

Postby Willbfree » Sun May 21, 2017 8:34 pm

skifflebits wrote:Still, it seems like there's a backlog of "old favorites" that never made it to 5". The Zygon...

I thought there was a blink-and-you-missed-it release of a Zygon in 5" size? Only in the UK, and only as a part of a box set?

I've wanted one ever since the Zygons were a big part of The Day of the Doctor.

But I think the 5" Zygon figure was released way before "The Day of the Doctor" and Character Options missed a huge opportunity by not re-releasing it in support of that episode.

Checking - yeah, it did exist:

See: http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co. ... -monsters/

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Willbfree wrote:
skifflebits wrote:Still, it seems like there's a backlog of "old favorites" that never made it to 5". The Zygon...

I thought there was a blink-and-you-missed-it release of a Zygon in 5" size? Only in the UK, and only as a part of a box set?

I've wanted one ever since the Zygons were a big part of The Day of the Doctor.

But I think the 5" Zygon figure was released way before "The Day of the Doctor" and Character Options missed a huge opportunity by not re-releasing it in support of that episode.

Checking - yeah, it did exist:

See: http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co. ... -monsters/

That was a rerelease of that Classic Series Zygon from 2008. Not the 2013 Zygon.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

Zombie F-Body

Postby Zombie F-Body » Mon May 22, 2017 10:07 am

With the Cybermen featuring so heavily at the end of the season finally giving us a modern one in 5" makes too much sense! I agree a 3-pack with 2/3's already tooled may be the kicker to finally make them do one.

Return to “5" Figures”