Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Doctor What

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby Doctor What » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Aha so hopefully this entails a nice merch relaunch for the new era! And Twelfth Doctor products for release later this year! Hopefully some good series 10 releases.

MarthaJonesFan

Postby MarthaJonesFan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Fantastic news! Hopefully this means we'll be getting at least a few series 10 essentials, like Bill and Nardole.

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:So I guess they can't pull the classic "shove the new Doctor's head on the old Doctor's body" routine. Please Character just impress us one last time by making a figure with the correct proportions of a woman in Capaldi's clothes.

My money's on no regeneration figure. I just seems so complicated they'll give it a pass. But I could be wrong.

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Whovastron wrote:
EmeraldThorn wrote:Well we saw her in Capaldi's hoodie look essentially, so for now maybe just use shorter legs and arms and done. Though height inaccuracies haven't bothered them before XD

That's not gonna be her costume though.

TW.

I know, was more thinking a regeneration figure, like what they did with the TOTD set. But have swappable arms and legs in place of the alternate shirt, handles, cane and third head

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:15 pm

EmeraldThorn wrote:
Whovastron wrote:
EmeraldThorn wrote:Well we saw her in Capaldi's hoodie look essentially, so for now maybe just use shorter legs and arms and done. Though height inaccuracies haven't bothered them before XD

That's not gonna be her costume though.

TW.

I know, was more thinking a regeneration figure, like what they did with the TOTD set. But have swappable arms and legs in place of the alternate shirt, handles, cane and third head

Her torso is probably a lot shorter than his aswell though...and well...boobs :lol:

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Whovastron wrote:
EmeraldThorn wrote:
Whovastron wrote:That's not gonna be her costume though.

TW.

Her torso is probably a lot shorter than his aswell though...and well...boobs :lol:

TW.

Jodie is 5 foot 4" while Capaldi is nearer (possibly just over) 6 foot, and as TW points out there would be obvious noticeable differences between their bodies haha

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 pm

I think this is one case where it will be a new sculpt or just no regeneration. It would be nice to get a regeneration set early next year though, like Time of the Doctor. Obviously that took a year, but they didn't plan to make more figures then, when it is actively something they want to do now. I think their is a possibility of a Christmas set, featuring a 1st Doctor reprint (or maybe new sculpt but I doubt it), new 12th Doctor (new torso) and swappable 13th Doctor head.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:20 am

You do realise 12's clothes will be baggy on her and therefore her curves wouldn't be obvious anyway right? But definitely torso is shorter(though thought she was 5'6) plus again height issues haven't stopped regeneration figures before. Only way her chest would be obvious is if she has really big ones thus cancelling out the baggy clothes effect and pretty sure she doesn't. That said I don't think there will be a regeneration figure, just explaining how they could potentially do one. But yes baggy/oversized clothes can hide curves etc; speaking from experience.

Edit: My point was also already sort of proven with the teaser video as she wore an outfit akin to 12's hoody outfit and her curves and chest weren't obvious in that. So could potentially make a figure as I described to get over those issues. But again I doubt they will.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:37 am

When is SDCC? If there's new stuff this year it might be shown there.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:43 am

SDCC is in about 2 days according to google.

Return to “5" Figures”