B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Koth

Re: B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Postby Koth » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:06 am

I got fed up of looking and not finding in Bristol so I asked in the attendants. The one at Abbey Mill had had sets in and were expecting more in but the store in Cribbs Causeway was more interesting.
Cribbs haven't had any in yet. the attendant knew nothing so I spoke to the supervisor who referred me to the manager. They are due stock in but he also advised there is a 6 pack and a 4 pack in the offing. He didn't say who was in it or when it was coming out. I hope he wasn't confusing with another line and maybe this is a Christmas bonus.

The Outcast

Postby The Outcast » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:22 am

Koth wrote:I got fed up of looking and not finding in Bristol so I asked in the attendants. The one at Abbey Mill had had sets in and were expecting more in but the store in Cribbs Causeway was more interesting.
Cribbs haven't had any in yet. the attendant knew nothing so I spoke to the supervisor who referred me to the manager. They are due stock in but he also advised there is a 6 pack and a 4 pack in the offing. He didn't say who was in it or when it was coming out. I hope he wasn't confusing with another line and maybe this is a Christmas bonus.

Are you telling us there maybe a four and six pack of figures coming soon? If so, intriguing...
Last edited by The Outcast on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:37 am

Honestly I can't see that happening, the guy was probably just mistaken.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:35 pm

The Outcast wrote:
Koth wrote:I got fed up of looking and not finding in Bristol so I asked in the attendants. The one at Abbey Mill had had sets in and were expecting more in but the store in Cribbs Causeway was more interesting.

Are you telling us there maybe a four and six pack of figures coming soon? If so, intriguing...

I read this earlier and I've been making calls to B&M, CO, even to my old friend Colin to see if he can find anything through his contacts, atleast one of whom I do believe has some contact within CO, and no one seems to know anything about any four or six packs so I'm pretty sure as Doctor What says this is most likely a case of mistaken information

On the flip side however I did find another piece of information which could indeed be more possible, although it is unverified

With the closure of Toys R Us, CO are looking for other traders to run their "exclusive" figures through with so far B&M and FP/FPI being the two front runners, however allegedly FP/FPI has also expressed interest in re-releasing many of the classic exclusives they got in years past, whilst B&M end up with new "variants" and minor re-releases.

Koth

Postby Koth » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:50 pm

I'll try and did further on the rumour of the 4 and 6 packs. I've got the name and number of the manager in question.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:29 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
With the closure of Toys R Us, CO are looking for other traders to run their "exclusive" figures through with so far B&M and FP/FPI being the two front runners, however allegedly FP/FPI has also expressed interest in re-releasing many of the classic exclusives they got in years past, whilst B&M end up with new "variants" and minor re-releases.

If FPI does that, it's going to be interesting, as they're stopping the online store.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:20 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:

If FPI does that, it's going to be interesting, as they're stopping the online store.

Well I think if that's the case then they'll be going down the B&M route for DW Merch and just having their website as information only so when you think about it it actually wouldn't be a bad move given how much it's given B&M in sales over their exclusives.

I just hope that if they do run exclusives then FPI will see fit to impose a customer limit!

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
HubertBonisseur wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:

Well I think if that's the case then they'll be going down the B&M route for DW Merch and just having their website as information only so when you think about it it actually wouldn't be a bad move given how much it's given B&M in sales over their exclusives.

I just hope that if they do run exclusives then FPI will see fit to impose a customer limit!

That would be a lot more inconvenient, I don't live anywhere even remotely near a forbidden planet any more the nearest one is over 2 hours drive away and I don't have a car, and the bus that goes there from here is so slow I could get to the next nearest one sooner and it's like another hour further away.

They're all really far away, is my point. That would be inconvenient if you could only get them in-store.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Deborah J wrote:That would be a lot more inconvenient, I don't live anywhere even remotely near a forbidden planet any more the nearest one is over 2 hours drive away and I don't have a car, and the bus that goes there from here is so slow I could get to the next nearest one sooner and it's like another hour further away.

They're all really far away, is my point. That would be inconvenient if you could only get them in-store.

Well my nearest one is Cardiff so I'm in the same boat as it's over 2 hours away, I don't drive which means either 3-4+ hour journey on public transport, same for alot of others I imagine, but regardless of whether it's inconvenient or not it seems that's what they're doing unfortunately

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:29 am

Well, I know I said I was going to wait until I got paid, and I still haven't been paid but... well I guess the J in Deborah J stands for weak willed, because I've gone and bought the ladt of the new sets. Really nice, but a little laz on quality control, matt has a bit off paint rubbed off his nose and when I bought the set his right hand was off. But it was in the box, and I could see it wasnt broken but just out of its socket so I got it back in without too much trouble. Really nice set though, I love amys outfit in particular.
Attachments
20180907_214501.jpg
20180907_214501.jpg (185.24 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
20180907_214222.jpg
20180907_214222.jpg (195.63 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

Return to “5" Figures”