B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Galifreyan

Re: B&M sets announced! 3 sets and a Tardis

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:58 pm

The Outcast wrote:
Koth wrote:I got fed up of looking and not finding in Bristol so I asked in the attendants. The one at Abbey Mill had had sets in and were expecting more in but the store in Cribbs Causeway was more interesting.
Cribbs haven't had any in yet. the attendant knew nothing so I spoke to the supervisor who referred me to the manager. They are due stock in but he also advised there is a 6 pack and a 4 pack in the offing. He didn't say who was in it or when it was coming out. I hope he wasn't confusing with another line and maybe this is a Christmas bonus.

Are you telling us there maybe a four and six pack of figures coming soon? If so, intriguing...

Yes please.

I hope they are either classic or 9/10 era figures tbh.

ValeChronotis

Postby ValeChronotis » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:09 pm

If anyone has bought the 1970s figure set and are keen on modding the figures, seeing that the 4th Doctor figure is pretty much just the 3rd Doctor body... can the head be swapped for the B&M Third Doctor and vice versa? Keen to see a Talons 3rd Doctor!

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I just went to unbox the the second of my three Third Doctor TARDIS sets to start work on a new custom TARDIS but I'm glad I looked more closely before I broke the seals on it!
HE'S WEARING BOOTS?!
It's been sat in the corner of the room for weeks and I've only just noticed!

I've looked the box all over an it's definitely still all completely sealed up, all the ties are still there holding the figure in that I can see, it's like it's properly factory fresh! And it was actually bought in a store for me so I know the person who bought it wouldn't have tampered with it either.

I'm going to do a more in-depth video on it on sunday but I've put some messages out to some other collectors to see if I can find out what this is, my gut feeling is a factory error as I know other people had TARDIS's that hadn't been weathered at all on some sides so it's not like they're checking these sets very well before they get sent out

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Oh that's really strange, they've even been painted properly and everything. I really hope this set isn't the "variant" of this year.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Pretty cool accidental variant really, but also a bit pointless, I'm pretty sure he never wore that jacket with those boots.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Doctor What wrote:Oh that's really strange, they've even been painted properly and everything. I really hope this set isn't the "variant" of this year.

Well it's gotten me wondering maybe there was a mix up with a Talon's Fourth Doctor? Seeing as they both use a Third Doctor body, and they've put these "boot legs" on here but unpainted...which means there could be Talon's Fourth out there with the proper shoes on it?

Although I don't know if the Talons Boots are moulded grey with painted shiny black tips or if the boots are still the shame shiny black under the grey paint. I actually compared some shape boot legs I have with one the loose Third Doctor's from this set I have and whilst it's close they are very different tones so you'd see the different between the hips and lower leg if someone had just swapped them over...unless they swapped out the whole lower legs.

But in turn that would mean someone took a Third Doctor figure into the factory/B&M, cracked the figure open, swapped the legs, put it all back together without leaving a mark (as far as I can see) then seal or re-seal the figure back into it's box with all the ties...I mean factory error just seems far more likely.
Either way something has happened here which wasn't supposed to!

Deborah J wrote:Pretty cool accidental variant really, but also a bit pointless, I'm pretty sure he never wore that jacket with those boots.

Actually he did, albeit, incredibly briefly in The Mutants, there's a continuity error where he leaves a room wearing shoes, then in a corridor suddenly he's wearing boots and then suddenly a few moments later he's back to shoes again.
It's a shame really because with either boots or shoes if they'd just painted the neck tie on this figure red they could have had a Mutants variant!

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Pretty cool accidental variant really, but also a bit pointless, I'm pretty sure he never wore that jacket with those boots.

Actually he did, albeit, incredibly briefly in The Mutants, there's a continuity error where he leaves a room wearing shoes, then in a corridor suddenly he's wearing boots and then suddenly a few moments later he's back to shoes again.
It's a shame really because with either boots or shoes if they'd just painted the neck tie on this figure red they could have had a Mutants variant!

Oooh, now I didn't know that! I'm going to have to rewatch the mutants sone time and see if I can spot that. Kind of makes it like the two white shirt capaldi figures, in that case, he wore both jackets with white shirt and no waistcoat, just really short time for both, at the start of the caretaker I think and the end of hell bent respectively. Blink and you miss them. And I really did with the pertwee one.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:23 am

Deborah J wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:

Oooh, now I didn't know that! I'm going to have to rewatch the mutants sone time and see if I can spot that. Kind of makes it like the two white shirt capaldi figures, in that case, he wore both jackets with white shirt and no waistcoat, just really short time for both, at the start of the caretaker I think and the end of hell bent respectively. Blink and you miss them. And I really did with the pertwee one.

I think it's at the end of episode 2 he walks out of a room in shoes and then literally in the next shot moments later in a corridor he's in boots, and then at start of episode 6 he mysteriously changes back to shoes again

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:47 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
CaptainJimiPie wrote:

I think it's at the end of episode 2 he walks out of a room in shoes and then literally in the next shot moments later in a corridor he's in boots, and then at start of episode 6 he mysteriously changes back to shoes again

I'll keep an eye out for that for sure.

Bundy

Postby Bundy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 pm

I can see a TARDIS face missing some weathering being a factory error (as in a production hiccup such as a paint gun blocking), but there seems too much going on here to be an accident - especially as the boots are perfectly painted. It is possible in that we had smiley/stern Jo variants in a box set, and different Sontaran ranks in another that this is deliberate, but you would think more of them would have been found and publicised if there was a run of them.

Very interested to see what you find out.

Unfortunately my 4th Doctor does not have 'your' trousers :(

Return to “5" Figures”