Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

HubertBonisseur
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby HubertBonisseur » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Deborah J wrote:Are they not just the same company, though? Like I know they're different websites, but they're both called forbidden planet and the shops sell the same things, I don't quite understand.

Yep they're seperate companies, I think they might have been together at one point but split up, i'm not really sure.



Forbidden Planet and Forbidden Planet International (or Scotland) started at the same company but for many reasons they split the assets a loooong time ago. FP (london kept Titan) and FPI kept more shops as well at the New York shop.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1070
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby skifflebits » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:08 pm

So is it safe to assume we'll finally get some toy announcements after the next full (not promo teaser) trailer drops?

That was the pattern once upon a time, was it not?
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

HubertBonisseur
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby HubertBonisseur » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:30 am

skifflebits wrote:So is it safe to assume we'll finally get some toy announcements after the next full (not promo teaser) trailer drops?

That was the pattern once upon a time, was it not?


I don't think we'll have any toy announcement before the series starts to be honest. If we get any

User avatar
Galifreyan
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby Galifreyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:47 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:
skifflebits wrote:So is it safe to assume we'll finally get some toy announcements after the next full (not promo teaser) trailer drops?

That was the pattern once upon a time, was it not?


I don't think we'll have any toy announcement before the series starts to be honest. If we get any


I'm hoping the next announcement is of more Classic and 9/10 era figures.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1070
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby skifflebits » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:16 pm

HubertBonisseur wrote:
skifflebits wrote:So is it safe to assume we'll finally get some toy announcements after the next full (not promo teaser) trailer drops?

That was the pattern once upon a time, was it not?


I don't think we'll have any toy announcement before the series starts to be honest. If we get any


With about a month to go, I'm inclined to agree.

On the other hand, most toy companies I'm sure would like all the PR lead time they can get so retailers have time to order the toys and get them on the shelves in time for the show, so who knows? I wonder what their agreements say about releasing toy images.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

HubertBonisseur
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby HubertBonisseur » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 am

Unless the new series is a success and there's suddenly a lot of demand, I doubt we get a lot of new figures to be honest

The Outcast
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby The Outcast » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 am

HubertBonisseur wrote:
skifflebits wrote:So is it safe to assume we'll finally get some toy announcements after the next full (not promo teaser) trailer drops?

That was the pattern once upon a time, was it not?


I don't think we'll have any toy announcement before the series starts to be honest. If we get any


There is a problem with this logic: more stuff IS coming. Seven20, for instance, are producing a 5.5" 13th Doctor, and back when the 13th Doctor Sonic and 10" doll figure were first leaked, there was a 13th Doctor TARDIS listed with them. As two of the three were proven real, and that leak came from a distribution site, chances are that is still coming. Probably the reason we've not yet seen it is because the BBC haven't show off the new interior yet, and the TARDIS toys always have interior cards (atleast, the NuWho ones do).

Bundy
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby Bundy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:13 am

The Outcast wrote:There is a problem with this logic: more stuff IS coming. Seven20, for instance, are producing a 5.5" 13th Doctor, and back when the 13th Doctor Sonic and 10" doll figure were first leaked, there was a 13th Doctor TARDIS listed with them. As two of the three were proven real, and that leak came from a distribution site, chances are that is still coming. Probably the reason we've not yet seen it is because the BBC haven't show off the new interior yet, and the TARDIS toys always have interior cards (atleast, the NuWho ones do).


I'm wondering if the TARDIS comes with the figure and that is why we've not seen it, as all the promo photos of the figure include the TARDIS and they are wanting to keep the interior secret.

There is still the outside chance it is for the 10" doll since there is no scale specified. Something like the 'Battles in Time' card holder (or whatever they were called).

The Outcast
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby The Outcast » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 am

Bundy wrote:I'm wondering if the TARDIS comes with the figure and that is why we've not seen it, as all the promo photos of the figure include the TARDIS and they are wanting to keep the interior secret.

There is still the outside chance it is for the 10" doll since there is no scale specified. Something like the 'Battles in Time' card holder (or whatever they were called).


No, the only confirmed 5.5" 13 is from Seven20, and the TARDIS is made by CO (as all the other products that were leaked were). So while it's possible CO's own 13th Doctor figure (you can't have a TARDIS without a Doctor) will come with it, I don't know.

And it also cannot be for the 10 inch figure range, as the price for the (Electronic) TARDIS is 20 pound.

This why I have theorised we'll be getting a whole range of (most likely 5.5") Series 11 figures from Character this year. The TARDIS and the 13th Doctor figure would be separate products, so if they are making a 13th Doctor figure, why not show it off? The only answer that seems logical to me is if it was part of a wave (probably of only six figures, I'm not getting my hopes too far up) that features characters we have yet to see in the marketing, as CO only show waves as a whole (usually atleast).

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 1070
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Doctor Who Collector Series Line (Discussion for upcoming figures)

Postby skifflebits » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:43 pm

The Outcast wrote: Probably the reason we've not yet seen it is because the BBC haven't show off the new interior yet, and the TARDIS toys always have interior cards (atleast, the NuWho ones do).

Man, it has to be frustrating being a toy company.

Toy Company: "We've got these great toys we want to promote!"
BBC: "You can't yet."
Toy Company: "Why not?"
BBC: "We want the wallpaper to be a surprise."
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.


Return to “5" Figures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests