Prototypes & Unreleased Non-Figure Toys

Galifreyan

Re: Prototypes & Unreleased Toys

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:39 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:One I was thinking about the other day was the Personal TARDIS

Now maybe it's just me but I think this would have been amazing! Especially if it really was "interactive with all sonic screwdrivers" but even if it wasn't it would have been great to have with it's own functions!

I've heard various unconfirmed stories about high production costs, unpopular with testers etc as to why we didn't get it but does anyone have any light on a definitive reason why?

Also I wonder what happened to this one? Is it still in a vault somewhere or do you think it was scrapped?

Interesting, I think this could have been good if released.
Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous

"The Shining World of the Seven Systems"

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:52 pm

Galifreyan wrote:Interesting, I think this could have been good if released.

It would have been great, I am planning to make a custom one in future, although Doctor What is currently doing on too! Be sure to check out the custom section for his thread on it!

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:49 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Galifreyan wrote:Interesting, I think this could have been good if released.

It would have been great, I am planning to make a custom one in future, although Doctor What is currently doing on too! Be sure to check out the custom section for his thread on it!

Will do. Thanks :)
Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous

"The Shining World of the Seven Systems"

ConfusedCatboy

Re: Prototypes & Unreleased Non-Figure Toys

Postby ConfusedCatboy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Yeah the personal TARDIS would have been fantastic. <3
There was also that 12th Doctor's TARDIS model that would have been a phone-flasher and wifi thingy? That looked neat.
No matter how many times my account is deleted I cannot be bothered to fix the typo in my username.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:35 pm

ConfusedCatboy wrote:Yeah the personal TARDIS would have been fantastic. <3
There was also that 12th Doctor's TARDIS model that would have been a phone-flasher and wifi thingy? That looked neat.

There was a phone flasher was an actual product that was released during the Tenth Doctor's time, still available to buy and not that expensive!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Tar ... B000GD18IY

However I think what you're referring to was the TARDIS WiFi Space Telegram & Nightlight which was basically a glorified answer machine
However as we never got many details about it, exactly how it worked is a bit of a mystery. However it appears to just have been a 5" TARDIS (atleast on display) but what makes it interesting is the lack of white frames on the windows.
Probably just a production oversight on the prototype but still an interesting mix none the less!

ConfusedCatboy

Postby ConfusedCatboy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant.
No matter how many times my account is deleted I cannot be bothered to fix the typo in my username.

fincon16

Postby fincon16 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 pm

I have two 12" Dalek prototypes in my collection. First is the well-known Stars & Stripes Dalek, pictures of which were circulated at the same time as the 50th anniversary Union Jack Dalek, but for some reason only three (I think) were ever made:

Second, and much more interesting, is this Product Enterprise Dalek. Essentially it's just a regular silver Dalek, but the arm has been replaced with a special socket into which you can put one of three different arms - a mutant scoop with mutant, a pyroflame and a "percepter" TARDIS detector. It was never released as they lost the BBC licence to Character Options just after this draft version was made to test the tooling in China.

Collector and occasional customiser of 12" Daleks

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue May 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Wow that PE Dalek is brilliant.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 am

Maybe some of you will know about this, but I stumbled across it earlier! I've never seen this before but it appeared on the Doctor Who merchandise site a while back so it would seem to be genuine!
IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6840.JPG (39.22 KiB) Viewed 64 times

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co. ... nt-page-2/

Scale seems to be unknown, hence why I played it here rather than in the other sections! But any info anyone could shed on this would be interesting to know!

Lovaticnwhovian

Postby Lovaticnwhovian » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:54 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:Maybe some of you will know about this, but I stumbled across it earlier! I've never seen this before but it appeared on the Doctor Who merchandise site a while back so it would seem to be genuine!
IMG_6840.JPG
http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co. ... nt-page-2/

Scale seems to be unknown, hence why I played it here rather than in the other sections! But any info anyone could shed on this would be interesting to know!

It was the 3.75” timezone tardis!
(Formally Wholords2)

Star wars, Demi Lovato, Sia ,Doctor who and Ariana grande fan!!

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”