Big Chief Studios figures and props

7thWhoVlogs

Re: Big Chief Studios figures and props

Postby 7thWhoVlogs » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:29 pm

The baggy clothing is the only thing stopping me from buying these. Maybe if they made more monsters I'd be interested

CaptainJimiPie

Big Chief Studios - Thirteenth Doctor Teaser

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Big Chief Studios teased this on Twitter earlier today!

IMG_7794.JPG
IMG_7794.JPG (78.05 KiB) Viewed 1740 times

https://twitter.com/collectbigchief/sta ... 8981730304

It'll be kinda annoying though if the first official Thirteenth Doctor figure is beyond most people price ranges though!
Still I doubt this'll be released before her first Series finishes, plenty of time for CO to catch up...although if this one gets revealed first the quality of the CO figure will certainly be judged more harshly given BC's fantastic quality, even if it is larger scale

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:36 pm

They've shown some more images of the Pertwee somewhere haven't they?

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Doctor What wrote:They've shown some more images of the Pertwee somewhere haven't they?

I dunno about the full figure but I did come across this on Google Images

crazydiamond

Postby crazydiamond » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:35 pm

They showed this Third Doctor on their twitter, along with Captain Jack:

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am

I’m not a huge fan of Big Chiefs stuff (the face sculpts always look off to me) but that 3rd Doctor will definitely be mine!! I need my favourite Doctor

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Whovastron wrote:I’m not a huge fan of Big Chiefs stuff (the face sculpts always look off to me) but that 3rd Doctor will definitely be mine!! I need my favourite Doctor

TW.

See I'm the opposite. I think the faces look great but the clothes are always off because the fabric is practically the same thickness as it it would be full size, hence it hangs wrong when scaled down.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:42 pm

I think their earlier face sculpts (their first 10th and 11th Doctors) have looked the best from what i've seen, I don't think they've quite hit the same quality since, although that Pertwee does look very nice.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Vortexsurfer wrote:
Whovastron wrote:I’m not a huge fan of Big Chiefs stuff (the face sculpts always look off to me) but that 3rd Doctor will definitely be mine!! I need my favourite Doctor

TW.

See I'm the opposite. I think the faces look great but the clothes are always off because the fabric is practically the same thickness as it it would be full size, hence it hangs wrong when scaled down.

I think the clothes are pretty bad too tbh. Comparing BCS to Hot Toys shows how (I don’t wanna day bad, so I’m gonna say ‘underwhelming’) the face sculpts are. They look good, but they 9/10 times look nothing like the actor. Smith looked great, Gillan looks alright, Tennant looked good but had a weird expression. Capaldi was pretty good. But Piper, Hurt, Eccleston, Barrowman, they’re all unrecognisable without the costumes.

But Pertwee looks great!!

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

fincon16

Postby fincon16 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 pm

I bought the Big Chief Ninth Doctor recently as it came up on a FB group I'm a member of at a really cheap price. Alas, like the Weta Mutant Reveal Dalek I have, he's rather small compared to my 12" collection, so has been put back in his box and shoved in my loft. Live and learn, and at least I'm no longer tempted to buy all the other Doctors!
Collector and occasional customiser of 12" Daleks

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”