Seven20

Deborah J

Re: Seven20

Post by Deborah J » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm

this is like if you were using that dominoes pizza app, and a year after ordering you get an update "hey, we've found some flour in the cupboard"

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:43 pm

You have Domino's pizza in the UK, too?

On behalf of my country, I apologize.

Also, got news that the actual package is actually at the post office in the dispatching city, so this could actually be really. Actually!
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Also, got news that the actual package is actually at the post office in the dispatching city, so this could actually be really. Actually!
We do! I've never tried it myself, but my friend uses it a lot, I once jokingly said that I'd have a pizza too when he was getting one and he convinced me he'd sent one to my house, and I got in a real panic about it.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 pm
skifflebits wrote:

We do! I've never tried it myself, but my friend uses it a lot, I once jokingly said that I'd have a pizza too when he was getting one and he convinced me he'd sent one to my house, and I got in a real panic about it.
In the US, it's famously the most cheap-and-dirty delivery pizza you can buy. Next to, I suppose, Papa John's, Little Caesar's, and Round Table. (Why anyone would name a pizza franchise after the legend of King Arthur's knights is something I've never figured out.)

Definitely a triumph of convenience over quality. Like a lot of food in this country.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 pm
In the US, it's famously the most cheap-and-dirty delivery pizza you can buy. Next to, I suppose, Papa John's, Little Caesar's, and Round Table. (Why anyone would name a pizza franchise after the legend of King Arthur's knights is something I've never figured out.)

Definitely a triumph of convenience over quality. Like a lot of food in this country.
I've never understood Papa John's, in the UK they ran an ad saying if you didn't like his pizza he'd send you another one free. Question is if I didn't like his pizza, why would I want another? 🤔

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm
skifflebits wrote:

I've never understood Papa John's, in the UK they ran an ad saying if you didn't like his pizza he'd send you another one free. Question is if I didn't like his pizza, why would I want another? 🤔
"I'm Papa John. If you're not happy after this punch in the stomach, I'll give you another one at no charge!"

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:59 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 pm
skifflebits wrote:

"I'm Papa John. If you're not happy after this punch in the stomach, I'll give you another one at no charge!"
Papa John's: better knuckle dusters, better stomach pain.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 pm
skifflebits wrote:

A round table is the best shape of table to eat pizza from because thepizza is an equal distance from any point on the edge of the table

Here's some more fun pizza maths, did you know there is more pizza in one 18 inch pizza than there are in two 12 inch pizzas? Good way to save money, just get fewer slightly bigger pizzas, you end up with way more pizza and it's cheapre. Stonks!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 pm
A round table is the best shape of table to eat pizza from because thepizza is an equal distance from any point on the edge of the table

Here's some more fun pizza maths, did you know there is more pizza in one 18 inch pizza than there are in two 12 inch pizzas? Good way to save money, just get fewer slightly bigger pizzas, you end up with way more pizza and it's cheapre. Stonks!
When it comes to food based maths I always prefer pie. ;)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:34 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 pm

When it comes to food based maths I always prefer pie. ;)
when I was 17 I managed to learn and recite pi to 300 places, probably still my top life achievement.