Lego doctor who

joe38658

Re: Lego doctor who

Postby joe38658 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Lego Grindelwald appears to be a good substitute for series 10 capaldi.

grindlewald.png
grindlewald.png (93.28 KiB) Viewed 1319 times

I thought the head would be good for a 1st Doctor figure and the body for an 8th or War Doctor.
i dont know what to put here

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed May 30, 2018 2:26 pm

Ideas for Doctor Who lego sets.
1) Dr Who and Giant Robot- Using the character designs in the lego dimensions game this set would feature a buildable figure of the K1 robot like Ares in the Wonder Woman set. It would also include Bessie which is also featured in the game. it would retail around £30 and the minifigures would be 3rd Doctor, 4th Doctor and The Brigadier.
2) Cyber conversion chamber. Like the 2005 Darth Vader transformation set, this would be a upright operation table with a human on it, which would be spun around to reveal a cyberman. This would be £11.99 and Include the 5th Doctor, a unit soldier and a cyberman.
3) Dalek Shuttle Craft- based on its design in remberance and would include emperor Davros, Special Weapons Dalek, Ace and the 7th Doctor. Probably be about £30
4) Shop Window attack- Basic exterior of a shop window, like the Spider-Man atm set with the play feature of the windows flying off. £20 and includes 9th Doctor, Rose and Two autons.
5) The Under gallery- similar to the last one have the zygons smash through the glass painting. there would be stands to place them on where the statues would be and sheets made out of the lego cape material to hide them. £20 figures 10th and 11th Doctor plus two zygons.
6) Sontaran Experiment- Based on the Two Doctors it would have a opertating table, a computer bank next to it and a trolley to hold equipment. £11.99 and has a Sontaran and Doctors 2 and 6.
7) Updated Tardis- A police box closer to the one featured in the game which has doors that open. £8.99 featuring the first Doctor and a new 12th Doctor figure.

Exclusive poly bag figures, the ones you get in newspapers or free when you spend a certain amount on lego sets.
The War Doctor and the Moment.
The 13th Doctor, to coincide with her debut, like when the papers gave away three exclusive character building figures with the premiere of series 6
10th Doctor (No coat) with hand jar.
8th Doctor and alter with cup, recreating his regeneration

minifigures packs.
All the Doctors in one.
A companion for each doctor
random monsters
multiple mixed sets
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 pm

lego dr who.png
lego dr who.png (216.91 KiB) Viewed 764 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:24 am

Galactic yo yo wrote:lego dr who.png

Not real, just to clarify as I'm sure some people (myself included :lol: ) will have a brief moment of hope seeing this haha

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:56 am

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:lego dr who.png

Not real, just to clarify as I'm sure some people (myself included :lol: ) will have a brief moment of hope seeing this haha

Just a prototype I made. the figure just has a decal of the 13th doctor's costume I found and printed onto it, I did the same for the second doctor.

EndlessTimelord

Postby EndlessTimelord » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:00 pm

I actually contacted LEGO to ask the possibilities of having more lego Doctor Who and heres the response:

"Dear LEGO® Fan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You asked a good question because this is something I asked my manager a while ago, too.

His answer was that our designers are always working on new sets and themes so I should be patient because new Doctor Who sets or minifigures may be released in the future.

So I’m only able to say that we never know what will come in the future but everything is possible.

I will forward your idea to our designers so they hopefully will think about some new sets or a nice minifigure series with the reincarnations of the Doctors.

We should steal a TARDIS and make a little trip into the future so we can see how long we have to wait. Time to watch out for police boxes again.”

It looks more promising than I expected tbh :D

EndlessTimelord

Postby EndlessTimelord » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Also sets I'd love to see:

Build:Classic TARDIS control room
Minifigs: 1st Doctor, Susan, Ian, Barbara, 2nd Doctor, Jamie and Victoria
Price: £30-£40

Build: The castle- Heaven Sent (a bit like that big Hogwarts set with the different rooms and the wall with different play features)
Minifigs: 12th Doctor (red velvet), The Veil
Price: £100

Build: Dalek Ship (similar to CB's set and Legos Milenium Falcons)
Minifigs: Supreme Dalek, 2x Standard Bronze Daleks, Dalek Caan, Davros
Price: £80

Build: Sontaran Transporter (Comes with a few bits of furniture and the teleporter)
Minifigs: 10th Doctor (blue suit, trench coat), Ross, Luke, General Stall (think that was the name lol)
Price: £10

Build: Hospital Escape (Comes with the kids hospital bedroom from the Doctor Dances with a bit of the corridor)
Minifigs: 9th Doctor, Rose, Captain Jack, Empty Child, 2x Empty Zombies
Price: £20

Build: Davros' sick bay
Minifigs: Davros, 12th Doctor, Special Weapons Dalek
Price: £15

Build: The Barn
Minifigs: War, 10th and 11th Doctors, Clara, The Moment
Price: £15

Build: The Vault (comes with the vault doors and the vault room)
Minifigs: 12th Doctor (grey linen jacket), Bill, Nardole, Missy
Price: £20

Build: The Testimony (shrunken down eg. lesser stairs)
Minifigs: 12th Doctor (wrecked clothes, with a double sided face- one side being Capaldi the other Jodie. And swappable Jodie hair piece), 1st Doctor (Same head swap idea of 12's), Bill, The Captain, Glass person
Price: £30

I've got much more ideas but these are a few :D

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 am

EndlessTimelord wrote:I actually contacted LEGO to ask the possibilities of having more lego Doctor Who and heres the response:

"Dear LEGO® Fan,

You asked a good question because this is something I asked my manager a while ago, too.

His answer was that our designers are always working on new sets and themes so I should be patient because new Doctor Who sets or minifigures may be released in the future.

So I’m only able to say that we never know what will come in the future but everything is possible.

I will forward your idea to our designers so they hopefully will think about some new sets or a nice minifigure series with the reincarnations of the Doctors.

We should steal a TARDIS and make a little trip into the future so we can see how long we have to wait. Time to watch out for police boxes again.”

I have to say I do find this quite a staggering admission on their part, I mean I know it's not confirmation but I did contact Lego last summer, before xmas and earlier this year and the response I've always had is usually along the lines of :

"Whilst Lego is always enthusiastic about new brands and anything is possible in future, at present time no confirmation or denial of any future sets/brands can be made and you should check back regularly to find out what we may be doing in future" (paraphrasing obviously)

I may well fire off a quick email to them myself and see if I get a similar response, if I do get one along the same lines as you then I'd certainly take it as a possible hint that something may happen, but as it stands I'm prepare to take this with a pinch of salt and that perhaps your message was answered by a fellow fan of the DW Lego range with high hopes :lol:

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:33 pm

EndlessTimelord wrote:I actually contacted LEGO to ask the possibilities of having more lego Doctor Who and heres the response:

"Dear LEGO® Fan,

Yeah...no offence but I don’t believe this was actually sent to you. Lego always sticks to the same general message when asked about new sets or themes (much like what Cap posted above) for them to say this is pretty much impossible.

As for minifigure series. The next 2 years of series are already planned out (Harry Potter, Lego Movie 2, Series 19, Disney 2, Series 20). If there was any more doctor who coming, it would be a 13th Doctor Brickheadz probably, but we’re very likely never getting another set.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

EndlessTimelord

Postby EndlessTimelord » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Whovastron wrote:

"Dear LEGO® Fan,

Yeah...no offence but I don’t believe this was actually sent to you. Lego always sticks to the same general message when asked about new sets or themes (much like what Cap posted above) for them to say this is pretty much impossible.

As for minifigure series. The next 2 years of series are already planned out (Harry Potter, Lego Movie 2, Series 19, Disney 2, Series 20). If there was any more doctor who coming, it would be a 13th Doctor Brickheadz probably, but we’re very likely never getting another set.

TW.

Why would I fake a response? :lol: I want Lego Doctor Who to be a thing so I asked about it. I never alter the responses I get from companies, always copy and paste, I've only changed it when there's personal info involved.

Here's proof of the email:

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 16.17.23.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 16.17.23.png (147.54 KiB) Viewed 600 times

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”