13th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver

CaptainJimiPie

Re: 13th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:14 pm

I finally got my hands on the Seven20 one so I've recorded a review of both that and the CO one in one video to do a comparison review!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPNtWBnhxVM

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am

I have both as well and at the end of the day, the CO one is looking more like the actual prop, from the pictures we've seen. I like the rotating tip of the Seven20, but as i've already said, it's a shame that it looks like they used the raw CAD file (the uncleaned 3D model of the prop). that's the most likely explanation for the "wood effect", that's merely the 3D lines for the raw CAD file. They probably just sent it to the factory without checking the quality of the file.

And I love the fact that the pack is badly translated. The French text says it's the "12th doctor's sonic".

The other thing that struck me is how light both sonics are.

Galifreyan

Postby Galifreyan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:41 am

I am still not a big fan of the new screwdriver.

ANewWatchBegins

Postby ANewWatchBegins » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 am

Picked up the new Sonic today, and I've had a couple problems. First of all, when I pulled the tab out, nothing happened, so I'm suspecting it may be faulty. I have tried to open it up and replace the batteries, but I cannot for the life of me get it to unscrew. Does anyone know if something should have happened when I pulled the tab out, and do you have any tips on getting the thing open?

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 pm

ANewWatchBegins wrote:Picked up the new Sonic today, and I've had a couple problems. First of all, when I pulled the tab out, nothing happened, so I'm suspecting it may be faulty. I have tried to open it up and replace the batteries, but I cannot for the life of me get it to unscrew. Does anyone know if something should have happened when I pulled the tab out, and do you have any tips on getting the thing open?

There should be sound when you press the button and the light should light up. If it's the CO one, it should even light up when you grab it.
The instructions to change the batteries are on the paper insert that's in the plastic packaging.

HubertBonisseur

Postby HubertBonisseur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Now that we've seen the first episode, it's obvious that the CO one looks the most accurate both in size and in aspect. No 3D printing wood pattern on the TV prop

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:49 pm

I liked how the story completely justified why the sonic screwdriver looked like that, I didn't really mind the design after I'd seen Jodie weilding it around a bit at events, but there were a lot of people unhappy at its look, but it completely fits the way in which she cobbled it together from what was lying around, it's great.

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”