Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:56 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:49 pm
That would be quite a tall nardole... I'd use the churchill as a base if it was me, like I know he's a bit too fat, but not by all that much really.
A really thin coat wrap could make some of that look like coat bulk. Like if they do the red winter coat he turned up in initially.

And honestly, if it gets us a Nardole, I'm 100% in favour. It's like this incoming wave, I will deal with some outfit inaccuracy, height/dimension fudging if we get companions and great head sculpts. Keep on doing, Character/Al/everyone.
I honestly think it would work; he wears a waistcoat on multiple occasions in S10, so that fits with the Churchill figure and the coat could pass as Nardole's toggled coat if painted up. It's a bit too bulky but not by all that much and it'd certainly be about as close as Romana I accuracy wise.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Just for reference, I'm posting some images together: Nardole's various outfits, the Harry figure, and the Churchill figure.

ImageImageImage

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:41 pm
Just for reference, I'm posting some images together: Nardole's various outfits, the Harry figure, and the Churchill figure.

ImageImageImage
You definitely just sold me on the Churchill body reuse. But yeah, that is a WIDE Harry coat.

(Side note - I know some people are bothered by that Harry figure. I'm not. Yeah, it's a stretch to represent Sontaran Experiment; he always had the blazer buttoned, etc. But if you google an image of before he gets shot in "Terror of the Zygons", that figure is spot on - including the dramatically wide open coat.)

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

John DiMaggio on facebook wrote:
'Nardole Custom. Harry Sullivan body and jacket (trimmed), Ood legs and custom head. It's hard to tell from these pix, but I made him chubby. His belly comes out over his waist. Head shape is a bit off, so a may give it another go.'
Nardole1
Nardole1
Nardole1.jpg (97.08 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Nardole2
Nardole2
Nardole2.jpg (68.6 KiB) Viewed 227 times

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Also saw a brilliant Dogbolter, using Churchill.

JamieBate

Post by JamieBate »

Here’s some ideas:

Cybermen collector’s set #1
Revenge Cyberleader, Earthshock Cyberleader, Decapitated Attack Cyberman OR Attack Stealth Cyberman

Cybermen collector’s set #2
Revenge Cyberman, Five Doctors Cyberman, Rogue Cyberman

The B&W era collector’s set:
An Unearthly Child First doctor figure, Troughton from Power of the Daleks, Ice Warrior

The First Regeneration collector’s set:
First Doctor in hat, cloak, fingerless gloves and white scarf, Second Doctor from The Power of the Daleks with circle badge painted on lapel, Tenth Planet Cyberman

Foes of the Third Doctor collector’s set:
Axon Man, the Master in suit (Terror of the Autons), Darker coloured Ice Warrior

The Three Doctors collector’s set:
Third Doctor rerelease, Jo Grant (Axos head sculpt with no swappable arms and slightly different blue colour to outfit), Benton in UNIT ‘smart dressed’ Brig outfit (repaint).

The Fourth Doctor collector’s set:
Season 18 Tom (hatted would be cool), Romana 2 from Horns of Nimon (repaint of Destiny version), K:9 Mark 2 in dark grey with different collar paint apps.

Foes of the Fourth Doctor collector’s set #1
Revenge Cyberleader, Marcus Scarman, Taren Capel (new head) OR standard Voc

Foes of the Fourth Doctor collector’s set #2
Magnus Greel, Scaroth with alternate head, The Melkur

Earthshock collector’s set:
Cyberman, Cyberleader, Android (new head on Axon man body OR hatted Davison rerelease

Foes of the Sixth Doctor collector’s set:
Cybercontroller (new head?) or new paint apps Telos Cyberman, Sil (no tank), Vaarl the Sontaran (couple of tweaks to the paint?)

OR:

Attack of the Cybermen collector’s set:
Revised Peri with better skin tone, Cyberman and Cybercontroller (new head) OR Cyberleader

The Five Doctors collector’s set #1
First Doctor (Richard Hurndall head), OR Hartnell Invasion of Earth rerelease, Second Doctor (repaint), Cyberman with burnt damage painted on

The Five Doctors collector’s set #2
Third Doctor with cloak and gloves, (necktie painted brown rather than left white in place of the ideal open shirt piece, frills given touch of burgundy), Raston Warrior Robot (Android head on Axon man body) OR repaint Traken Tom in Shada punting colours, Fifth Doctor with longer haired sculpt from Castrovalva figure

Faces of the Master collector’s set:
Delgado as the Vicar from the Daemons, Geoffrey Beevers from Traken (with cloak painted lighter like Deadly Assassin version?) Ainley Planet of Fire rerelease (or new body wrap to make Survival version).

Spannerintheworks

JamieBate wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:09 am
Here’s some ideas:

Cybermen collector’s set #1
Revenge Cyberleader, Earthshock Cyberleader, Decapitated Attack Cyberman OR Attack Stealth Cyberman

Cybermen collector’s set #2
Revenge Cyberman, Five Doctors Cyberman, Rogue Cyberman

The B&W era collector’s set:
An Unearthly Child First doctor figure, Troughton from Power of the Daleks, Ice Warrior

The First Regeneration collector’s set:
First Doctor in hat, cloak, fingerless gloves and white scarf, Second Doctor from The Power of the Daleks with circle badge painted on lapel, Tenth Planet Cyberman

Foes of the Third Doctor collector’s set:
Axon Man, the Master in suit (Terror of the Autons), Darker coloured Ice Warrior

The Three Doctors collector’s set:
Third Doctor rerelease, Jo Grant (Axos head sculpt with no swappable arms and slightly different blue colour to outfit), Benton in UNIT ‘smart dressed’ Brig outfit (repaint).

The Fourth Doctor collector’s set:
Season 18 Tom (hatted would be cool), Romana 2 from Horns of Nimon (repaint of Destiny version), K:9 Mark 2 in dark grey with different collar paint apps.

Foes of the Fourth Doctor collector’s set #1
Revenge Cyberleader, Marcus Scarman, Taren Capel (new head) OR standard Voc

Foes of the Fourth Doctor collector’s set #2
Magnus Greel, Scaroth with alternate head, The Melkur

Earthshock collector’s set:
Cyberman, Cyberleader, Android (new head on Axon man body OR hatted Davison rerelease

Foes of the Sixth Doctor collector’s set:
Cybercontroller (new head?) or new paint apps Telos Cyberman, Sil (no tank), Vaarl the Sontaran (couple of tweaks to the paint?)

OR:

Attack of the Cybermen collector’s set:
Revised Peri with better skin tone, Cyberman and Cybercontroller (new head) OR Cyberleader

The Five Doctors collector’s set #1
First Doctor (Richard Hurndall head), OR Hartnell Invasion of Earth rerelease, Second Doctor (repaint), Cyberman with burnt damage painted on

The Five Doctors collector’s set #2
Third Doctor with cloak and gloves, (necktie painted brown rather than left white in place of the ideal open shirt piece, frills given touch of burgundy), Raston Warrior Robot (Android head on Axon man body) OR repaint Traken Tom in Shada punting colours, Fifth Doctor with longer haired sculpt from Castrovalva figure

Faces of the Master collector’s set:
Delgado as the Vicar from the Daemons, Geoffrey Beevers from Traken (with cloak painted lighter like Deadly Assassin version?) Ainley Planet of Fire rerelease (or new body wrap to make Survival version).
I love a lot of these, but after this year I feel like you're almost being conservative. (Not unfair, it's better to appreciate what Character can and can't do before criticizing, say, Romana's coat length.)

Things I'd ambitiously but realistically change (mostly with new heads):

*Make a new Second Doctor head with THAT hat. Do that instead (Still relevant to Power of the Daleks)
*Ditch Jo Grant, use her body for Liz Shaw
*Ditch the Axon, Make a Primord head and put it on Benton's body.
*Ditch Scarman, use a Delgado Master body for Nyder or Solon (If the latter, swap Morbius Monster in for Voc/Capel.)
*Ditch Sil, use the Primeval black pantsuit to approximate The Rani.

Your Romana 2 paint variant for Nimon would be an essential purchase for me. Great call there.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Said it elsewhere, but more in B&W, if not just the 1st Dr's TARDIS. Also Greel & Sin (in color) of course (an early favorite that really ought to have been reissued already).
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Spannerintheworks

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:41 pm
Said it elsewhere, but more in B&W, if not just the 1st Dr's TARDIS. Also Greel & Sin (in color) of course (an early favorite that really ought to have been reissued already).
I'm sure it was down to figure production costs, but not doing Greel and Sin with the Talons 4th Doctor was a missed opportunity. But the (large cloaked) limbs and multiple wraps for both kinda hint why they may have to (still) wait. Plus, with this year's releases I get any rerelease being put on hold.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Could a Bracewell body feasibly be used to approximate a Stahlman Primord to go with a Liz Shaw and Season 7 Pertwee in an Inferno set?