B&M doctor who sets.

rowie4life

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by rowie4life »

The paint application on my figures are great, but the Dalek "arms" don't move that well. It's either the holes, on the ball joints, are too wide/made of a softer plastic, or the balls themselves are too big. My other classic Daleks are a tighter fit.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

rowie4life wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:37 pm
The paint application on my figures are great, but the Dalek "arms" don't move that well. It's either the holes, on the ball joints, are too wide/made of a softer plastic, or the balls themselves are too big. My other classic Daleks are a tighter fit.
I noticed that on one of mine, I think one of the DIOE ones.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

So on the US Amazon listing for the History of the Daleks sets (where both sets are on the one listing), it describes them as 2 asst. I think it's likely then that in the leaked list they are referring to two different 4th Doctor companion sets. I doubt they'd make two variations on the set, so I think it's possible that either the current set is getting further stock in the next wave, or this is a confused interpretation of the fact that there will be two versions.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I was reading the blurb on the back of the boxes of the dalek sets, and a lot of the information about the props is wrong. "most of the original daleks survive to this day" as far as I'm aware there is like maybe half of one of the four thats existance andlocation is still known "two of the four original daleks were used in DIOE, and two new ones were built" also not true, all 4 original daleks were in DIOE plus the two new ones there were 6 daleks in that story. "the black dalek was one of the new daleks with darker eye rings" the black dalek was one of the original 4 props, one that had been given away and was borrowed back kind of at the last minute, after the other daleks had had their eyestalks replaced, there wasn't time to give it a new eye, that's why it has a black eye compared to the silver eyes that the two new daleks and two of the original daleks had. Not sure where they've gotten all this from, there's a website that goes into painstaking detail on the history of the dalek props, probably could have done with using it as a source of information.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

We know where 9/16 of the classic props are, so technically a majority still exist.The black dalek and one drone had black eyes, they were the ones that had been lent to Barnardo’s.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Re: Dalek prop history

I'm sure you've all seen this site...?

http://www.dalek6388.co.uk

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:07 pm
Re: Dalek prop history

I'm sure you've all seen this site...?

http://www.dalek6388.co.uk
That’s where I get my info from. Great site, I’ve spent far too much time on it. John and Gav are really helpful and friendly too.

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Is there a dalek reference site which visually shows every on screen dalek design from each story?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

The one that Skiffle linked does that. Project Dalek Forum has an ungodly amount of reference photos, but you have to be a member to view them. Impressive though.

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Thank you!
In the original daleks story from The history of the daleks set 1...How many daleks were in the story? I would like to army build them.