B&M doctor who sets.

Lepter1

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Lepter1 »

So...I can buy the sets coal hill and davros sets from America direct from the doctor who store but nowhere in the UK's b&m stores?

The mind boggles.....

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Picked up the new sets from B&M today, here's a few photos with comparisons to previous releases :D

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

Wow! The face on Ace is such a world of difference!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Those look fantastic. Can't believe there was someone on Facebook complaining that they didn't make a brand new headsculpt for Davros. Feh!

Looking forward to picking up a proper Imperial since they were never made available in the States.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:01 pm
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:30 pm
(THANKS AGAIN AL FOR RELEASING HER)
I love how out of context this sounds like he's finally let her go after keeping her chained up in the basement.
Black Snake Moan II?
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Great pictures DW, I also have the new sets, but I lack your skills of photography to do them justice, they're super nice though, aren't they?

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Looking at the detail on Ace’s jacket, and her t-shirt print, surely the 6th Doctor can’t still be out of reach for the B&M range.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Just want to throw this out there, when I first saw the leaked images of the capaldi set I thought they'd just rehashed the check trou capaldi from before and whited out the shirt, I didn't think they'd correct the trouser colour to the grey for that story, and I was wrong. Such a nice variant, now we have woman who lived and witche's familiar, and they are different figures and I love them both.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

Just sat down to do work today and thought I'd have a look to see if anyone had spotted the new sets locally and someone had found them in the B&M I'd been in yesterday, but said there was only one Ace left, couldn't believe how fast they'd been put out and flown off the shelves. I rushed across town to get there, pretty much expecting to find that the last one would definitely have sold by the time I got there but thankfully it hadn't and I managed to get the set.

The set is absolutely wonderful, so glad to have Ace now. The paint application is brilliant with all the little stickers, and the new paint application on the face has brought out the sculpt much better than the original release! Amazing to have the backpack and rocket launcher too, I didn't think we'd see much in the way of accessories in these sets so these are a bonus, I would have loved the iconic baseball bat too but I'm certainly not complaining! The Dalek is great too - I love the Remembrance Daleks so happy to pop another one on the shelf and this is the best they've looked I think. I know the mesh bothered a lot of people but it's not hugely noticeable to my eye, and doesn't detract at all.

Very glad to have found this set, and amazed at how quickly it flew off shelves.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Lepter1 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm
So...I can buy the sets coal hill and davros sets from America direct from the doctor who store but nowhere in the UK's b&m stores?

The mind boggles.....
B&M haven't finished dispatching and stocking so your local may get it.