Where to get a valuation

Lbooker

Where to get a valuation

Postby Lbooker » Sun May 14, 2017 8:28 am

Hi all. I'm wondering where I would go to get my Dr who collection valued. I have quite a lot of figures and sets all in original sealed packaging. TIA

Doctor What

Re: Where to get a valuation

Postby Doctor What » Sun May 14, 2017 9:05 am

Best thing to do is ask on forums like this really. Most collectors can tell you the original value of an item and how much they usually go for when sold in places like ebay.

Lbooker

Postby Lbooker » Sun May 14, 2017 9:42 am

Thank you. Can i upload pictures on here?

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sun May 14, 2017 10:43 am

If the file is small enough you can upload an attachment in the "attachments" section just below the text box for your post. If it's too big, you can upload it to an image hosting site such as photobucket and copy the IMG links into your post.

fincon16

Postby fincon16 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:08 pm

You can get a rough and ready idea just by searching on eBay and seeing what stuff is going for. Of course, that will be harder if you have rare items. There are also a couple of Dr Who collector groups on Facebook which are pretty active, so you might try those too.
Collector and occasional customiser of 12" Daleks

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Wed May 24, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm always a bit sceptical about using eBay as a pricing guide. Buy It Now sellers, especially, often try their luck and list items for ridiculously over the top prices. At the end of the day, the only guide for what something is worth is how much another collector is willing to pay for it, and that can change very quickly depending on rarity, demand and whether a re-release happens! The best way to test the waters with eBay is to see how much an item on auction ends up going for.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu May 25, 2017 12:18 am

Vortexsurfer wrote:I'm always a bit sceptical about using eBay as a pricing guide. Buy It Now sellers, especially, often try their luck and list items for ridiculously over the top prices. At the end of the day, the only guide for what something is worth is how much another collector is willing to pay for it, and that can change very quickly depending on rarity, demand and whether a re-release happens! The best way to test the waters with eBay is to see how much an item on auction ends up going for.

What I do is search using the "completed listing" view option. I see what price sells, and what doesn't, and go on from there.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

fincon16

Postby fincon16 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 am

Whovastron wrote:What I do is search using the "completed listing" view option. I see what price sells, and what doesn't, and go on from there.

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. Buy it Now prices are often very inflated!
Collector and occasional customiser of 12" Daleks

Return to “Doctor Who Toys”