"Complete" Collections

Danoftardis

Re: "Complete" Collections

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Being serious, I don't think I have a complete collection of anything. The closest I can get I think is having all of the Season 11 DVDs. I'd like to have a complete collection of Pertwee DVDs, Cyberboi figures, and Target novels, but atm I don't.

I don't even have a complete collection of Oasis albums. That may come as a shock to certain users.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:31 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Which whats?
DVDs
I only need The Sontaran Experiment, The Invisible Enemy, S11 and Resolution, then I have every story. Although once I do I might go back and get the original edition releases of the ones I have the special edition of. Any story that has a special edition I have that version, but the only ones I have the special and the original are the ones they rereleased after I already had them. So I might do that for more completeness.
Completeness squared.

Can I just say, In an ideal world, all of the special editions with redone effects would still use modelwork, just with a bigger budget.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:45 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:31 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm

DVDs
I only need The Sontaran Experiment, The Invisible Enemy, S11 and Resolution, then I have every story. Although once I do I might go back and get the original edition releases of the ones I have the special edition of. Any story that has a special edition I have that version, but the only ones I have the special and the original are the ones they rereleased after I already had them. So I might do that for more completeness.
Completeness squared.

Can I just say, In an ideal world, all of the special editions with redone effects would still use modelwork, just with a bigger budget.
Generally the special editions of the classic who dvds don't have new effects, unless the original edition also had new effects. And the nw effects are always optional. The Special Edition releases are just the original release with a few extra special features and a nicer cover art.

Avon

Post by Avon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

I've never been one for complete collections, except comics or DVD's, kind of pointless to me action figure wise as their's never going to be a figure from every single episode, so I only buy my favorites, except the classics, as I can't think of a classic figure from an episode I didn't like. I think the only things I can claim are:

- With the Silver Nemesis Cybermen set, I'll have one of every significant variation of the classic (proper) Modasian Cybermen, not counting things like different flesh paint on the Tenth Planet Cybermen, piping colors and handlebar length etc etc. So standard troopers, rogue, battle damaged Attack, controller etc

- I made it a point to get at least one of every companion they've ever made officially, even Clara, only exceptions are Astrid and Handles, if you count them (I'd like Handles, but Astrid doesn't count to me. I would display her with them, but she isn't one if that makes sense)

- One of every named Time Lord, Rassilon, Omega, Morbius, and the Master

- I have every Ace :lol: err all of season 10 and 27 on DVD! This is where it begins to ware a bit thin.. I hate the silents, so they'll never count to me but I made it a point to try and get one of every alien race made, like a Noah's Ark but no dead Wirrin. I'm still a bit off, need an Osiran, a Fendahl, (fendahlian?), one or two others, a Silurian too. I'm close on having a complete set of Pertwee monsters too, apart from the large Axon, Linx who'll show up soon and various Dalek variants, and maggots. So not close at all really :lol:. Oh and I'm most definitely trying to get every Pertwee variant! But still far, far off there

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 pm

I'm a completist, but I have learned to embrace incompleteness for the sake of my wallet. I buy what I like now. With that in mind I still like quite a lot. For Who figures I am missing Bearded 11, Peg Doll, Green Death 3 (purely on cost, that one), pink Judoon and second Holo 10. I have all variants and enjoy looking for variants probably more than looking for general releases.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 am

Koth2 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 pm
I'm a completist, but I have learned to embrace incompleteness for the sake of my wallet. I buy what I like now. With that in mind I still like quite a lot. For Who figures I am missing Bearded 11, Peg Doll, Green Death 3 (purely on cost, that one), pink Judoon and second Holo 10. I have all variants and enjoy looking for variants probably more than looking for general releases.
I think being able to say you're missing 5 doctor who figures is very impressive.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:22 am

That pink Judoon is itching on me at the moment. :x :x :x

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:04 am

Koth2 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 pm
You could do quick customs of three of those and put them at the back of your shelf?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 pm

I did a count of all my figures today, and including customs, SJA and that random box of doubles and figures I don't display, the grand total is 476. Yikes that's a bigger number than I expected. Within that, a few complete collections I can think of are:

All the 2018 and 19 B&M sets, including the variants of last year's three packs

Every 60s era figure (apart from the B&W variants)

Every classic Cyberman

Both classic build a figures

Every SJA figure

Thinking about this has bugged me because there's lots of collections that i'm missing the odd thing from, like I have every Master except the EoT one, and every FP Dalek pack except Revelation.

If my list is correct there's still about 70 items/sets that I don't have! Somehow 476 isn't everything, I never realised just how many figures have come out. The 5 inch range has got to be one of the largest single consistent ranges of figures right?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:07 pm

I have every classic series doctor who R2 dvd release for the following years:

Now it might look like I have an awful lot left to get, but this is a collection that is missing only 2 stories. But there are so many reissues and alternate versions and things, I doubt I'll ever have it all.