Possible Repaints for B&M

Galactic YoYo

Re: Possible Repaints for B&M

Post by Galactic YoYo »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm
Is that reference to a Big Finish set?
It's meant to be based on the story Robophobia, However the Liv Figure is more based on her costume in the EDAs, It's a more practical figure. 7's costume is more of an original design, on some of the covers, including this one, he's wearing the brown coat, with a green tie and no jumper, this me imagining what the rest of that particular outfit looks like.
Another appearance of this costume
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Ah! Got it!

Personally, I have enough Death Robots to last me the rest of my life, but I know some people adore them.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I'd love a jumperless Seventh Doctor, could allow for a few new adventures variants as well if they wanted to take that route, although after getting four new variants of him over the last year I suspect they'll want to rest him for a bit.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

rhysch wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:56 pm
SJF wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Galactic YoYo wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Never gonna happen but would love to see. If they ever did something like this, 7's jumper will probably be just painted green.
I’m conflicted because the Rose figure works pretty well for Liv but I don’t like the lack of articulation.

In conclusion, just give me a Liv figure please.
hopefully, if they can tweak Abby Maitland/Bill’s arms to have less articulation, they can tweak Rose’s to have a little more? idk how it all works but nonetheless 😂 and then we could possibly have a Rose rerelease with better articulation 🤷‍♂️
It's always bothered me that the s2 Rose prototype had proper articulated arms but the official release didn't. Don't the prototypes usually have less articulation? 😂

GSD

Post by GSD »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:10 am
It's always bothered me that the s2 Rose prototype had proper articulated arms but the official release didn't. Don't the prototypes usually have less articulation? 😂
So close, yet so far!

https://youtu.be/MprPBxSBDn8

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

GSD wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:25 pm
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:10 am
So close, yet so far!

https://youtu.be/MprPBxSBDn8
i’m sure he’s probably discussed it elsewhere, but i’d love to know if our resident lurker could possibly let us know why the articulated prototype never came to fruition? 😂 i’m sure there was a pretty reasonable explanation, it’s just always bewildered me
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Given Al's cryptic remarks about UNIT in his most recent video; if ongoing UNIT sets ala the Dalek sets were a possibility; what body swaps could we utilise to create:

Kate Stewart and Osgood? (You could knock up a generic Nu Who UNIT soldier with a red beret easily enough to make a 3-pack)
Corporal Bell?
Brigadier Bambera?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:21 pm
Given Al's cryptic remarks about UNIT in his most recent video; if ongoing UNIT sets ala the Dalek sets were a possibility; what body swaps could we utilise to create:

Kate Stewart and Osgood? (You could knock up a generic Nu Who UNIT soldier with a red beret easily enough to make a 3-pack)
Corporal Bell?
Brigadier Bambera?
I suspect his comments may allude to reuses of the Yates, Benton, and Brig sculpts. In addition to multiple Pertwee stories, "The Web of Fear", "The Invasion" (trickier as it requires a hatless Benton, though), "Robot", "Terror of the Zygons" and even "The Android Invasion" could have sets. For 3 & 4 they also have variants of the Master, Jo, Sarah, and Harry they could do as well on top of Doctor variants.

Basically, no new head sculpts and in many cases compatible swaps and repaints. Maybe a new body wrap at most for some.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 pm
dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Corporal Bell?
Brigadier Bambera?
I suspect his comments may allude to reuses of the Yates, Benton, and Brig sculpts. In addition to multiple Pertwee stories, "The Web of Fear", "The Invasion" (trickier as it requires a hatless Benton, though), "Robot", "Terror of the Zygons" and even "The Android Invasion" could have sets. For 3 & 4 they also have variants of the Master, Jo, Sarah, and Harry they could do as well on top of Doctor variants.

Basically, no new head sculpts and in many cases compatible swaps and repaints. Maybe a new body wrap at most for some.
You're probably right to be fair; was just idle speculation. I'm still holding out hope for a Liz in such a possible set though in the near future! :D

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:55 pm

I'm still holding out hope for a Liz in such a possible set though in the near future! :D
I feel like we'll see Liz before we see some of the 60s or 80s companions, honestly. Maybe not immediately, but I'd wager before we can brag a complete early 80's or 60's era.