Re: Possible Repaints for B&M

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:40 pm

joe38658 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 am
joe38658 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am

why would they, theyre just talking about the sign not the entire doors being swapped. the TV movie TARDIS doesnt have swapped doors.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean the swapped doors. I meant what's seen in the TV Movie with the handle. Unfortunately, simply flipping the sign is impossible as it is also part of the window frame.
yeah I got that but the sign isnt part of the door, cuz on the 7th Doctor release it has the handle and can open so it should be able to come out and be flipped right?
Well, theoretically, but you'd need additional tooling on the door itself in order to change the location of the hinge, as well as in the back panel.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 pm

With the new TARDIS base, I was thinking about each of the TARDIS' which I'd like to see, or rather, could see realistically

- Tenth Planet Hartnell with the flat roof/white doorsign with a Snowcap base diorama box, I'd prefer them to rerelease the original Hartnell one with a junkyard dio but could see this instead.

- (despite it ruled out) 2 and TARDIS - perhaps the war games?

- I'd love to say Sea Devils Pertwee with a Claws of Axos era box with the nuton power complex as the dio, but the weathering...

- Ainley Master, S18 TARDIS and a Logopolis dio

- A clean S21 TARDIS, with red tie Colin or even real time, as for the dio.., maybe from one of the Trial episodes?

- Pink happiness patrol TARDIS with a cream jacket and hat McCoy, proceeds to Cancer Research as pitched elsewhere

- I'd like a revamped bright blue McCoy box, but I can't think of a McCoy figure or a landing really interesting enough without a new head, Ghost Light?

- 1996 TVM TARDIS using the old chunky base which gives it the perfect profile next to the new 80's TARDIS, with either (in order of preference), Night of the Doctor 8, green DWM 8, or a redo of the TVM 8 with correctly colored lapels, hair and jacket. Dio obviously depends on which figure you pick!

8, pink 7 and 1 are my next major wants after such a great home run this year

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 pm
With the new TARDIS base, I was thinking about each of the TARDIS' which I'd like to see, or rather, could see realistically

- Tenth Planet Hartnell with the flat roof/white doorsign with a Snowcap base diorama box, I'd prefer them to rerelease the original Hartnell one with a junkyard dio but could see this instead.

- (despite it ruled out) 2 and TARDIS - perhaps the war games?

- I'd love to say Sea Devils Pertwee with a Claws of Axos era box with the nuton power complex as the dio, but the weathering...

- Ainley Master, S18 TARDIS and a Logopolis dio

- A clean S21 TARDIS, with red tie Colin or even real time, as for the dio.., maybe from one of the Trial episodes?

- Pink happiness patrol TARDIS with a cream jacket and hat McCoy, proceeds to Cancer Research as pitched elsewhere

- I'd like a revamped bright blue McCoy box, but I can't think of a McCoy figure or a landing really interesting enough without a new head, Ghost Light?

- 1996 TVM TARDIS using the old chunky base which gives it the perfect profile next to the new 80's TARDIS, with either (in order of preference), Night of the Doctor 8, green DWM 8, or a redo of the TVM 8 with correctly colored lapels, hair and jacket. Dio obviously depends on which figure you pick!

8, pink 7 and 1 are my next major wants after such a great home run this year
That logopolis box would be popular, but I slightly doubt they'd do it. What Ainley would you suggest?

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Indeed! Not sure if it was here or elsewhere but I remember someone saying what would you put with a S18 TARDIS, the obvious answer being a S18 Tom as they're rarer than gold dust but it got me thinking, what about Ainley? A sure way to sell a minor but equally cool variant of the TARDIS. If it were possible I'd put his head on a Delgado body, if huge huge if, they had the money I'd take a new vinyl overlay with coat tails but that's obviously extremely unlikely

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:40 am
My most wanted BF companion is definitely Lucie. I mean who doesn't love Sheridan Smith?!
me i dont i think shes obnoxious personally, i understand the appeal for lucie figure, she is like 8th doctors main companion to many,
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 pm

I now can't shake the idea of making Salamander. Someone help me with the body though. But the head is simple: they literally chose the perfect face for Troughton.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:05 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 pm
I now can't shake the idea of making Salamander. Someone help me with the body though. But the head is simple: they literally chose the perfect face for Troughton.
Modified coat of 1st Doctor, remove 2’s coat, swop, repaint?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:03 am

Was bored and made some sets
day of the doctor.png
day of the doctor.png (250.48 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Osgood - 10th Doctor body repainted, 4th Doctor scarf, New Osgood head
Kate - Series 2 Sarah Jane, New Kate head
Zygon - Repainted with Nu Who colours
the doctors wife.jpg
the doctors wife.jpg (221.8 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Amy - Series 5 repaint to look like her outfit from The Doctors Wife
House TARDIS - same sculpt just with green windows, signs and lamp

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 am

joe38658 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:03 am
Was bored and made some sets

day of the doctor.png

Osgood - 10th Doctor body repainted, 4th Doctor scarf, New Osgood head
Kate - Series 2 Sarah Jane, New Kate head
Zygon - Repainted with Nu Who colours

the doctors wife.jpg

Amy - Series 5 repaint to look like her outfit from The Doctors Wife
House TARDIS - same sculpt just with green windows, signs and lamp
Hey that's pretty good.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:00 am

Great mockups. I worry the use of the SJ boy is a bit small for Kate. Amy's attire is good.