Possible Repaints for B&M

SJF

Re: Possible Repaints for B&M

Post by SJF » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 am

I just hate that Sarah Jane body in general. It’s all weird and stumpy. I’d use Jenny from Primeval for Kate personally.

And I’d sooner have hell freeze over than start frankensteining male and female bodies together.

Love the Amy though.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:35 pm

SJF wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 am
I just hate that Sarah Jane body in general. It’s all weird and stumpy. I’d use Jenny from Primeval for Kate personally.

And I’d sooner have hell freeze over than start frankensteining male and female bodies together.

Love the Amy though.
Yeah, the Tennant body would have to be tweaked to the point of a new mould :lol:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:44 pm

While technically this is a little counterintuitive, but I was wondering: what figures deserve straight up re-releases? I'll count tweaks like the new Sontarans and Cyberbois under this bracket.

I'd most like to see Ainley, of course, but excluding him I'd say that the original second doctor deserves one. I also think Martha Jones deserves one, just a kinda random thought.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:44 pm
While technically this is a little counterintuitive, but I was wondering: what figures deserve straight up re-releases? I'll count tweaks like the new Sontarans and Cyberbois under this bracket.

I'd most like to see Ainley, of course, but excluding him I'd say that the original second doctor deserves one. I also think Martha Jones deserves one, just a kinda random thought.
The remould NSDs.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm

2 definately needs a rehead. Maybe with Salamander in mind.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Koth2 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm
The existing head is pretty good for salamander in my opinion, I'd say the opposite; it would be nice to get a happy 2 head.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 pm
Koth2 wrote:
The existing head is pretty good for salamander in my opinion, I'd say the opposite; it would be nice to get a happy 2 head.
\the hair is all wrong for salamander, though. The hair in the early prototype images would match salamander better.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:47 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Koth2 wrote:
I'd love 2 with THAT hat, personally. Reuse the body, I'd actually love that more than the cancelled fur coat figure.

Straight up reissues? I'd snap up:
The "Revenge" Cybermen
Emperor Davros
The "Dead Planet" Dalek
The Special Weapons Dalek
The Ainley Master
The Unearthly Child TARDIS set
Jabe
The Face of Boe
Yana/The Master

I have the following, but I also think rarity/quality merits rereleasing:

Magnus Greel/Mr Sin
The "Destiny" bombs Dalek
"Tomb" Cybermen
"DIOE" Dalek; Supreme or Drone
Supreme Dalek, "Planet of the Daleks"
"An Unearthly Child" 1st Doctor
S18 4th Doctor
Hatted 5th Doctor
Supreme Dalek, "The Stolen Earth"
Davros (New Series)
Davros (Michael Wisher)
Davros (Terry Molloy)
11th Doctor with fez/mop
Any McGann Doctor

There's a lot of other good stuff of course, but if it's been reissued a couple times already in recent years, a la multiple 3rd and 4th Doctors, Delgado, etc, I left it off.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:22 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:52 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Koth2 wrote:
\the hair is all wrong for salamander, though. The hair in the early prototype images would match salamander better.
Yes, I know, but the trouble is that it's close enough that I wouldn't waste a sculpt on it, especially considering its reusability would be limited.

Edit: looking at the prototype, it does make me wonder if that was the intention...

Avon

Post by Avon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:31 am

I think Spanner's list is perfect, the only one I could possibly add is Suketh, as he, NotD 8, S18 Baker, blue Colin, a classic Davros, and Ainley are the last major gaps I have, but I'd take almost anything on that list. Also, Leela in her regular attire but they may want to leave it a little while longer to put some space between the last re-release. I'd also add hatted 7th Doctor, as one I have but want everyone to get a shot at.

Also, I'd take an Axon/S7 Pertwee and K1/S12 Baker set