Re: Possible Repaints for B&M

Post by skifflebits » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm

SJF wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:53 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm
Did CO make the Sherlock figure? Because take away the scarf and the body is near-perfect for a Roberts Master.
Eric Roberts? I can't really think of any part of the sherlock outfit that is anything at all like any part of either of ER's master costumes.
That’s because you’re a costume pedant Debs.

I’m sure he means the leather jacket with the upturned collar. It doesn’t look exactly right but it’s not worlds away.

And no, CO didn’t do the Sherlock figure.
Not just the coat, once you remove the scarf, the shirt underneath is surprisingly like what Roberts wore.

And I had a feeling CO didn't make it. Oh well. I still have my custom.

(And no Deb, I didn't look at the shoes. ;) )
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm
SJF wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

Eric Roberts? I can't really think of any part of the sherlock outfit that is anything at all like any part of either of ER's master costumes.

I’m sure he means the leather jacket with the upturned collar. It doesn’t look exactly right but it’s not worlds away.

Not just the coat, once you remove the scarf, the shirt underneath is surprisingly like what Roberts wore.

I'm so confused, which outfit do you think it looks like? The leather jacket one or the timelord robes one? Because it looks just nothing like either of those, the former is a vaguely delgadoesque rigout under a robe, the latter is a leather jacket over a zip-up over a tshirt. which of those looks like a suit jacket and collared shirt? Because I feel like it's neither of them.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 am

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm
SJF wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

And with increasingly less screen accuracy sure to send Deb's pedantry into overdrive......

- give the phone to Clara
- pop the accompanying skull on a resurrected Simm Master body
- give the bow to a sontaran
- reapaint the scarf and use for an Osgood custom
- turn the violin sideways and you've Capaldi's Guitar

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:01 am

I hate all of this, every suggestion is bad.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 pm
I'm so confused, which outfit do you think it looks like? The leather jacket one or the timelord robes one? Because it looks just nothing like either of those, the former is a vaguely delgadoesque rigout under a robe, the latter is a leather jacket over a zip-up over a tshirt. which of those looks like a suit jacket and collared shirt? Because I feel like it's neither of them.
The leather one.

If you remove the scarf, underneath the coat on the Sherlock figure is a collared shirt with a t-shirt peeking out from under it. The scarf is a separate piece that comes off easily if you pop the head off.

The Master had a collared jacket under his leather coat with a white t-shirt peeking out from underneath. The big difference is, if I'm reading the photos right, the Master had a zippered jacked as opposed to a buttoned shirt.

The coat is a little short, since Robert's went down to his ankles and Sherlock's only goes to about mid-calf, but as SJF pointed out, the collars are very similar.

Not sure where you're getting "looks just nothing like" it, but... whatevs...
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg