General set proposals

joe38658

Re: General set proposals

Post by joe38658 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:06 am

So this kinda might be a dumb idea but wouldnt they be able to replace the balljoints and eyestalk joint on the Mutant Reveal Dalek with the newer ones so they could use the thinner pieces? Then we could get an updated Metaltron Dalek and why not Dalek Sec from Series 3 where he opens and has the blue mutant inside him? Could come with the 9th Doctor in green shirt and 10th Doctor with 3D Glasses (updated head sculpt)

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:49 am

joe38658 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:06 am
So this kinda might be a dumb idea but wouldnt they be able to replace the balljoints and eyestalk joint on the Mutant Reveal Dalek with the newer ones so they could use the thinner pieces? Then we could get an updated Metaltron Dalek and why not Dalek Sec from Series 3 where he opens and has the blue mutant inside him? Could come with the 9th Doctor in green shirt and 10th Doctor with 3D Glasses (updated head sculpt)
I'm actually pretty sure the ball joints are already the right size. I could check.

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:02 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:49 am
joe38658 wrote:
I'm actually pretty sure the ball joints are already the right size. I could check.
I checked, theyre a tiny bit thinner so pretty loose

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 am

joe38658 wrote:
Even if you did do that the Dalek would still be the old wrong shape so it would look weird still.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:53 am

Doctor What wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 am
joe38658 wrote:
Even if you did do that the Dalek would still be the old wrong shape so it would look weird still.
Could file the insert with the mutant inside down so that it fit in the remoulded casing?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:53 am
Doctor What wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 am
joe38658 wrote:
Could file the insert with the mutant inside down so that it fit in the remoulded casing?
Yes, but they'd also need to change the sculpt of the rest of it to make the front removable. It's unlikely they'd go to such effort.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:44 pm

if they could retool 13s body piece they could use Aces alternate arms for a coatless version
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Got bored and started looking at Big Finish covers for different Dalek ideas.

They could do A Thing of Guile Dalek following more closely to whats on the cover, also Dalek Time Strategist using a 2008 Supreme Dalek but that wouldnt be right without the rings.
Theres a Dalek Overseer from Planet of the Ogrons which is basically Dalek Sec with a different arm attachment and a red eyestalk (also the lights on its head are different but im ignoring that so its an easy Dalek Sec by just swapping the arm and red eyestalk). The arm attachment is some really weird claw thing but the Crucible Dalek claw in black wouldnt be too bad honestly.

Cuz theyve ran out of War Doctor variants they could probably do a War Master using Marcus Scarmans body and Yanas head.
I definetly wouldnt complain if they just did a NOTD 8th Doctor re-release for one of them too.

Theres We Are The Daleks with a strange 7th Doctor outfit but I think Character would need to add some of their own ideas to it, could put it with a basic Imperial Dalek which wouldnt be too bad.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Paint a toy snake pink and purple and you got yerself a Mara.

You're welcome.

I'll be in my trailer.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:31 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm
Paint a toy snake pink and purple and you got yerself a Mara.

You're welcome.

I'll be in my trailer.
I like the cut o’ your jib, ma colonial friend
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.