General set proposals

Gek2Win

Re: General set proposals

Post by Gek2Win »

Perhaps putting them in a box, each half not together, and moving that box a lot and not always with the greatest care, especially considering they're over a decade old.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:22 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Well, considering that most Daleks can be made with one sculpt, they might seem it worthwhile.
And now knowing what the variants are, it would be much easier to make a modular mold designed to swap parts out.
Yes. Instead of a whole different mould for no slats, make other parts modular. Perhaps even splitting up the skirt and the shoulders. That would allow for a new skirt for imperials.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm
Rackers96 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:10 pm
he also said most of the sculpts from series 3 and earlier are too damaged to re-use too because their original factory closed down. he specifically mentioned the judoon being damaged.
That can't include the Doctor though, can it? We just saw David Tennant in the last box set.
Actually.....maybe there is less Tennant available than we think in terms of molds.

We last got the Tux figure, which was a new head sculpt and body. Prior to that, it was.....the 2016 B&M set and the 13 Doctors set, which used the same trench coat figure if I'm right. There was the coatless rerelease in the 2015 B&M set (which i think is the same used in the US/Adipose rerelease.) Before that, I think we need to go back to the Doomsday rerelease or 2013 Dalek packs. As it stands, it's been 3, going on 4 years since we saw a Tennant figure from that time and most of the ones we've gotten after 2012 have been the Trenchcoat with original or spiky haired head, or the Adipose packed one barring the Tux figure. Which now makes me think that figure was a worthy investment for them as it was a new mold for a popular Doctor....that they may have realized had fewer molds saved than they thought.

This likely means anything from the 9th/10th Doctor we haven't seen since regular production may be gone. That actually is sad as it includes:

Aged 10th Doctor
Spacesuit & Pentallian 10th Doctor
Regenerated 10th Doctor
The Slitheen
The Gas mask zombie/Dr Constantine
Clockwork Droids
The pointing, removable Chest emblem Cybus Cyberman
The Judoon & Judoon captain.
Professor Yana/The Master/Simm Master Regenerated
Martha (!!!)
Scarecrows

That's off the top of my head as far as desirable/memorable/rereleasable figures go. We've seen some recently (Auton, Weeping Angel, Cybus Cyberman, Sarah Jane) in the last 2-4 yrs that make it clear some molds still exist/are usable from that time. And some were used in the earliest B&M sets (Time Lord, Mickey, Jabe, Korwin) or rereleases (Captain Jack) that hopefully give them more of a shot at still existing. Hopefully.

I'm gonna say it though:

Sounds like we may have seen the last of Cassandra & Lazlo. ;)

Avon

Post by Avon »

I would say, it seems a good bet that we got our new 8 thanks to the removable head block in the tooling for regen Ten, so that might still exist..and that Martha's arms and, erhm, hips were used for 13, so another. But that is sad.., still, no more Casandra! :lol: I have a feeling your right on that particular Cybus.., plus, probably more expensive to make than the other variants. You have to think, after each use the moulds loose a little bit of detail, some of these are what, 13 years old +? And yet disco Rose survived...

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Avon wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:35 pm
You have to think, after each use the moulds loose a little bit of detail, some of these are what, 13 years old +? And yet disco Rose survived...
True, but those molds are made of hard steel. I don't think the hot plastic does too much in the way of damage, does it?
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Spannerintheworks

Avon wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:35 pm
I would say, it seems a good bet that we got our new 8 thanks to the removable head block in the tooling for regen Ten, so that might still exist..and that Martha's arms and, erhm, hips were used for 13, so another. But that is sad.., still, no more Casandra! :lol: I have a feeling your right on that particular Cybus.., plus, probably more expensive to make than the other variants. You have to think, after each use the moulds loose a little bit of detail, some of these are what, 13 years old +? And yet disco Rose survived...
Disco Rose is the "The Dominators" of surviving molds: It's significant, but I doubt anyone would cry much if it had been lost. ;)

That's at least promising on the Martha front, but still so astounding to me that so many others are likely gone that would've been welcome reissues/variants. The Clockwork Droids & Master variants in particular would've been easy repaints. And they suspiciously haven't appeared since around original release.....

The Time Lord figure showed up around series 4, so hopefully he's still kicking about. That's easily my most desired New Series rerelease/repaint.

joe38658

Post by joe38658 »

If the Simm Master is gone, Does that mean Ainley is gone?

Atleast we'll still have the EoT headsculpt so, maybe put it on Ianto or something and have an unbuttoned Simm?

Spannerintheworks

joe38658 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:24 am
If the Simm Master is gone, Does that mean Ainley is gone?

Atleast we'll still have the EoT headsculpt so, maybe put it on Ianto or something and have an unbuttoned Simm?
Classics (and Ainley) showed up after Series 4's initial line was produced.

Ianto (& the remaining Torchwood lines) were never Character; Character definitely don't have those molds. ;)

joe38658

Post by joe38658 »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:43 am
Ainley uses Simm's body so thats why I thought he'd be gone

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

joe38658 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:43 am
Ainley uses Simm's body so thats why I thought he'd be gone
He also used a different wrap so I'd imagine his whole mould was a new retool, if that makes sense.