General set proposals

The Outcast

Re: General set proposals

Post by The Outcast »

A Good Man Goes to War Cyberleader would be great, as would a regular Good Man Goes to War Cyberman with the 3D O logo, as the rare figure of it (which I am fortunate to have) is flat and just has the O printed on for some reason. The latter could also be reissued alongside a 2017 Mondasian Cyberman and a 2013 Cyberman in a Cybermen of the Doctor Falls set, and they could do an Ashad figure packaged with two rusted up ones.

I've gotten carried away, haven't I?

Anyway, General set proposals, yes? I think a TLV Daleks set would be great, especially because of the animated Series. Sadly, going to try to be realistic for this one, and as much as I'd love a figure of the TLV Emperor, I don't think that'll happen. :cry:

But, on the bright side, as most of the others are repaints (bar the odd new attachment), I'd love to see the following:

Daleks! Pack: Dalek Executioner and Dalek Prime Strategist
TLV Doctor/Dalek Packs: 8th Doctor and Dalek Time Commander, 9th Doctor and Dalek Scientist.

I don't think these are too unreasonable ideas. I did have an idea for a set with a Dalek Drone and Brian the Ood (who I don't think would be too difficult, just a retooled Ood head and new hands on a Tux 10 body), which would be cool, but I began to think that might verge on the unlikely (not that any of my ideas are likely).

But yeah, that was just a big ol' ramble on my end, just thought I'd ramble because I've not rambled here in a while.

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Jackie, Slitheen and Mickey would make a lovely set and it's been years since a Slitheen release.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 am
Jackie, Slitheen and Mickey would make a lovely set and it's been years since a Slitheen release.
Could any of the Primeval figures easily transmogrify into a STOLEN EARTH Mickey? It's at least give us a variant.

I'm DESPERATE for a Jackie Tyler in some shape or form? Could coated Sarah Jane/Romana work as a roundabout version of her STOLEN EARTH outfit? Not sure there's a huge market out there for Jackie amongst the Not-We's but I'd love her!

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

dorkjackson wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:22 pm
TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 am
Could any of the Primeval figures easily transmogrify into a STOLEN EARTH Mickey? It's at least give us a variant.

I'm DESPERATE for a Jackie Tyler in some shape or form? Could coated Sarah Jane/Romana work as a roundabout version of her STOLEN EARTH outfit? Not sure there's a huge market out there for Jackie amongst the Not-We's but I'd love her!
The body used for Graham would do for Mickey. If we could get a leg swap on that Sarah Jane body, you could get approximations of Jackie and Donna potentially

TheOnComingStorm

I think Jackie is more exciting then most figures if I'm honest. It's collectors buying these figures nowadays. Jackie is an iconic part of the RTD ear and in my opinion, a huge missed opportunity in plastic form! Package her with a monster or something else exciting if there's any fears of selability. I think that Sarah Jane base figure or a Claudia Brown figure would work for Jackie.

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:46 pm
I think Jackie is more exciting then most figures if I'm honest. It's collectors buying these figures nowadays. Jackie is an iconic part of the RTD ear and in my opinion, a huge missed opportunity in plastic form! Package her with a monster or something else exciting if there's any fears of selability. I think that Sarah Jane base figure or a Claudia Brown figure would work for Jackie.
Actually yeah come to think of it, i did mock up a Doomsday Jackie from the Claudia body that wasnt too far off

Cyberon Commander

Post by Cyberon Commander »

I was watching Tomb of the Cybermen the other day and noticed that when the Cybermen emerge from their tombs, they're covered in frost, this might be a good variant idea if you want a low cost repaint for sets, ice covered Tomb Cybermen.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:04 pm
TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Actually yeah come to think of it, i did mock up a Doomsday Jackie from the Claudia body that wasnt too far off
Having looked at the below picture from Doomsday that's a pretty good fit indeed! https://images.app.goo.gl/ord3zeUr74ikHx3s9

TheOnComingStorm

Claudia body works brilliantly for a Doomsday Jackie. They could use the Romana 2 body to make her Journeys end look.
My dream 3 packs for next year would be...

Companions of the first doctor.. Ian, Susan and Barbara.

Friends of the 10th Doctor
Jackie, Wilf and Jackson Lake

Unit modern era : Unit Solider in red cap, Osgood and Kate Stuart.

Although I would also want...

Companions of the 5th Dr with Tegan, Adric and Nessa. (Imagine how colourful this would look!)

And I would really love a Liz Shaw if they could include her in another unit themed set or a possible Companions of the third Dr...I was surprised to see we had a peloadon 3rd Dr era Sarah in the latest set...this makes me think we won't be getting a companions of the third Dr set for the time being.

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Peladon set:

Monsters of Peladon Sarah, Ice Warrior, Ice Lord

or, if we were really good

Ice Warrior, Alpha Centuri roto-cast, 3rd Doctor with cloak

Or,

Ice Warrior, Ice Lord, 3rd Doctor with Cloak

Basically, the Ice Warrior could do with a re-release and another alien to go alongside (Ice Lord?), would make it a must-pick-up for both army-builders and collectors who already have their regular martian figures.